Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Sure they look a little goofy in those particular pictures, but overall I much prefer those costume designs to the current ones in the DC movies.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 20 June, 2018, 08:09:56 PM
Sure they look a little goofy in those particular pictures, but overall I much prefer those costume designs to the current ones in the DC movies.

As I said in the Justice League movie thread: DC/Warner badly need to fire their entire production/costume design department. The aesthetic manages to be simultaneously boring and ugly, which is quite a feat. As overpowering as the Burton/Furst designs of the Batman movie were, at least there was a sense of coherence to them.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

blackmocco

Quote from: inkymonkey on 16 June, 2018, 01:56:24 PM
Just had to post higher res versions of the costume test images from George's JL:Mortal.

So, so happy this film never got made. Though seeing Megan Gale as Wonder Woman was a pleasant experience. Poor bloody Immortan Joe nearly expired under all those Martian Manhunter prosthetics though.

It is somewhat sobering to think that it was Happy Feet that finally enabled Fury Road to get made...

Yeah, this looks a little stiff and Superman looks like one of the guys hanging around Hollywood Blvd forcing you to pay him money when you take a pic with him but I trust Miller. We'll never really know how this would have looked once it was polished up but Miller's got a good head on his shoulders. He'd have pulled this off. I mean, honestly, could it have ended up any worse than what's currently going on in DC-land...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

inkymonkey

Quote from: blackmocco on 21 June, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

Yeah, this looks a little stiff and Superman looks like one of the guys hanging around Hollywood Blvd forcing you to pay him money when you take a pic with him but I trust Miller. We'll never really know how this would have looked once it was polished up but Miller's got a good head on his shoulders. He'd have pulled this off. I mean, honestly, could it have ended up any worse than what's currently going on in DC-land...?

I probably should have pointed out that only the actors playing Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter are shown here, the rest of them are Weta Workshop guys...

Armie Hammer was playing Bruce Wayne/Batman - the guy is 6' 4" on his own, with the Batsuit on he was nearly 7 ft. It was - impressive.

On the other hand, DJ Catrona as Superman was about 5' 7"...

Plenty of apple boxes on set...

blackmocco

Quote from: inkymonkey on 22 June, 2018, 12:28:22 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 21 June, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

I probably should have pointed out that only the actors playing Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter are shown here, the rest of them are Weta Workshop guys...

Armie Hammer was playing Bruce Wayne/Batman - the guy is 6' 4" on his own, with the Batsuit on he was nearly 7 ft. It was - impressive.

On the other hand, DJ Catrona as Superman was about 5' 7"...

Plenty of apple boxes on set...

Oh shit. haha! Well, that explains Superman!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

radiator

Armie Hammer would have (and still would, in fact) make a great Bruce Wayne.