Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

The shakara volume did it include the complete story? Think this would be a great way for a lot of stuff to be done in hardback that otherwise wouldn't happen

abelardsnazz

Quote from: moly on 01 May, 2017, 04:42:20 PM
The shakara volume did it include the complete story? Think this would be a great way for a lot of stuff to be done in hardback that otherwise wouldn't happen

The Shakara volume includes:
Book 1 from progs 2002 & 1273-1279
Book 2 The Assassin from progs 1441-1449
Book 3 The Defiant from progs 2008 & 1567-1573
Future Shock: Multiplicity from Megazine 339

So that leaves Destroyer and Avenger which look as if they'll be enough for another volume if the full series goes ahead.

IndigoPrime

It also showcases one thing that's of interest: are these books a mite skinnier than the Dredd ones? (You're talking about 150 pages of strip for the first three books. The second more or less matches that. So this looks like a straight swap for the existing trades, rather than 'combining' multiple trades into one. It also makes me wonder even more about the longer thrills – I can't see, for example, an 80-volume set spending 10 or so on Nikolai Dante.)

abelardsnazz

Interesting point. I haven't done a page count but the Shakara volume is bulked out with character sketches, covers etc.

Total strip page count for The Horned God and Halo Jones are 187 and 199 respectively so the full volumes come in at around the 200 mark.

IndigoPrime

That aligns them with the thinner Dredd volumes and thicker Marvel ones, IIRC. 2000 AD likely a higher risk, but it does point to a future where I think I'll cherry pick if it does go to full series this time.

Skullmo

The Shakara book has the same content as avenger plus a future shock. A bit disappointing as I thought it would be a one volume version.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Rately

I picked up a box at Post Office yesterday, and found the four volumes inside. Lovely stuff.

Only really had a read of Slaine, which i've only seen bits and pieces of over the years, but looking forward to having a read of Shakara.

Amazing customer service, and fingers are crossed that they go ahead with the collection.

Dandontdare

signed up for this at the beginning and I've had nothing - not even an e-mail

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 May, 2017, 01:40:32 PM

I got the email pretty much immediately upon signing up.
Sounds like something went wrong for you.

aceface11

And weirdly (despite signing-up about a week ago), I just received a direct debit instruction for my subscription.

Matt

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 04 May, 2017, 08:02:11 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 May, 2017, 01:40:32 PM

I got the email pretty much immediately upon signing up.
Sounds like something went wrong for you.

Sorry, I meant since the original acknowledgement e-mail on 3rd March I've had nothing. I thought that this was a test-subscription and books and gifts were not actually going to be sent out, but were physically available in a few areas? I'm confused as to how this all works

IndigoPrime

If it's anything like previous partworks, the subs pages are in part there to test the waters, and you're unlikely to be charged anything. _Sometimes_ (as has been the case here), you'll get the books, for no charge.

Dandontdare

ah, I see - well I've not been charged ( :thumbsup:) but I've not had any goodies ( :thumbsdown:).

Let's hope there was enough demand for a full roll-out.

robert_ellis

So if there's 80 more 2000ad books how would you guess they'd be split up?
I'm guessing...
Dredd 10
Strontium Dog 6
Rogue Trooper 5
Slaine 5
Nemesis 4
ABC Warriors 3
Nikolai Dante 4
RoboHunter 2
Durham Red 2
Bad Company 2
Judge Anderson 2
Halo Jones 1
Shakara 2
Lawless 1
Zenith 2
Red Seas 2
Absalom 1
Indigo Prime 1
DR & Quinch 1
Skizz 1
Harry Twenty 1
Stickleback 2
Leviathan 1
Luke Kirby 1
Sinister Dexter 2
Kingdom 2
Age of the Wolf 1
Savage 2
The VCs 1
Scarlet Traces 2
Movie Dredd 1
Button Man 2
Firekind 1
Tyranny Rex 1
Bradley 1
Harlem Heroes 1
Armoured Gideon 1
Defoe 2
Mazeworld 1
Dan Dare 1
What obvious stuff have I missed?

IndigoPrime

I'd be surprised if Dare's in there, given the inherent costs involved. If these books are indeed skinny and Bradley gets an entire volume, they need to cut down on Matt Smith's lunchtime beer allocation.

In general, it's odd, though: how will Nikolai Dante work with half the story removed? It'll end up more like the Marvel partwork, which was oddly unsatisfying at times (and will require some serious work in terms of synopses).