Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 03:40:27 AM
Lots of MacNeil style drinking then?

I'm sure I don't know what you mean! hic!

Nap Normal

I think number 10 Downing Street is about to become a time share apartment :).
Falling in love makes you fat.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 07 May, 2010, 03:47:06 AM

I believe we have a standing appointment for pints of Babycham at Birmingham.....

Turns out that the birds start singing in South London at ten to four in the morning. Just before some freakin' Tory comes out to shoot 'em. It's the brave new world of tomorrow, folks, and I feel somewhat weary and cynical about it. No doubt after some sleep I'll be reinvigorated and leading the march on Downing Street... But right now I just feel a little sad....

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 03:53:42 AM
Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 07 May, 2010, 03:47:06 AM

I believe we have a standing appointment for pints of Babycham at Birmingham.....

Turns out that the birds start singing in South London at ten to four in the morning. Just before some freakin' Tory comes out to shoot 'em. It's the brave new world of tomorrow, folks, and I feel somewhat weary and cynical about it. No doubt after some sleep I'll be reinvigorated and leading the march on Downing Street... But right now I just feel a little sad....
I almost forgot about the Babycham! :D

Never mind, just get lagered up on Babycham tomorrow and.. and... well the world doesn't seem so bad after that. :D

Christov

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 May, 2010, 02:36:52 AM
Quote from: Christov on 07 May, 2010, 02:29:07 AM
Impending Tory leadership. Currently bricking it.

You may not need to be so worried, the Dark Lord of the Sith will tell his Emperor to do a deal with the devil to hang on to power. I can see them now in the Death Star, ringing the hotline to HELL  :lol:

Cameron is Cthulhu/Satan/Thatcher's brain in a waxwork body.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 07 May, 2010, 03:59:50 AM
Never mind, just get lagered up on Babycham tomorrow and.. and... well the world doesn't seem so bad after that. :D

Oddly enough, tomorrow / today I'm heading off for my Hen Weekend in Edinburgh, so I'd imagine that pints of Babycham may be in order....

There was a wonderful description earlier that Cameron was a "fish in a condom". Missed the context for it but it was a cool image....

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Lady Festina on 07 May, 2010, 04:04:08 AM
Quote from: Colin MacNeil on 07 May, 2010, 03:59:50 AM

Oddly enough, tomorrow / today I'm heading off for my Hen Weekend in Edinburgh, so I'd imagine that pints of Babycham may be in order....

There was a wonderful description earlier that Cameron was a "fish in a condom". Missed the context for it but it was a cool image....

Well, I hope you have a good time tomorrow/today then and all the best when the big day arrives.
"Fish in a condom"! :lol:

Peter Wolf

Balls to Ed Balls

I would also like to thank Gordon Brown for sabotaging the Labour party.

:lol: :lol:

I am hoping that it will be a hung parliament rather than a majority because its never happened before in my lifetime but its still too early to say.......
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

Peter Robinson, eh?  Seems no-one wants a First Minister with horns.

A hung parliament, you say.  What fun you Brits will have, our Irish coalition governments have been just super.   Nothing like the strong will and clear vision of a leader who has to base all his decisions on fulfilling the every whim of a small group of former opponents, themselves so shocked to have ministerial salaries that they'll go along with any kind of crap to retain them.   Fun times for all!

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 07 May, 2010, 04:22:21 AM
I am hoping that it will be a hung parliament rather than a majority because its never happened before in my lifetime but its still too early to say.......

Looks to be what's happening.

COMMANDO FORCES

And so, after an exciting night laughing at the radio and enjoying the banter on the thread and twitter I now retire to my pit and await the hilarity of the parties kissing each other's arses on the news when I awake  :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 May, 2010, 06:52:56 AM
A hung parliament, you say.  What fun you Brits will have, our Irish coalition governments have been just super.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we've already seen a Tory government propped up by the DUP, in the shape of the last seven or eight months of the John Major government. It wasn't pretty, TBH.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mikey

I think that was the UUP Jim. Who now have no seats, probably because of tying themselves to the Nice But Dim Conservative Party in a NEW FORCE!

Voting? It's all a load of ballots I say.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Richmond Clements

I stood in the middle of the living room and laughed out loud at the news about Robinson- that really cheered me up!
I love that his unbounded arrogance still does not allow him to admit any wrong- he seems to be blaming the BBC for his downfall... when I'm pretty sure he was the one doing suspicious land deals and it was his wife who was fucking a nineteen year old boy...