Main Menu

30% off in FP shops this weekend.

Started by Bad Andy, 05 September, 2008, 05:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

paulvonscott

It's once in a blue moon (about once a year) that I'm in  a FP, and I am tomorrow, so thanks muchly!

paulvonscott

Hi Andy, just to update you I bought Charley's War Book V, and Jeff Hawke Book 2 - Ambassadors (both had about £3 off before the 30%), plus some other bits and pieces at FP Newcastle.  The friends I went with all got stuff with the vouchers too, so thanks on their behalf.

Expected a hideous frenzy, but it wasn't too bad!

Cheers :)

Paul

Bad Andy

Glad it was useful PVS.

I'm not on the board a great deal these days since cancelling my subscription (economy and space drive) but as soon as I saw this I thought it would be useful to someone on here.

I love the Charley's War books but they are expensive. I've been buying them for my Dad at birthday & Christmas so I can have a read  :lol:

paulvonscott

I really appreciated it, Andy.  I spent about £40 in the end, which I couldn't really afford, but I convinced myself I was saving in the long run :)

I'm with you on the space and money thing.  I had to let my Battles go (and all my progs 521-present are either gone or up for sale), but I'm letting myself get Charley's War, it's just a great comic, great format and not too expensive for what it is if you get it through Amazon or a deal.

I very nearly didn't resubscribe, for various reasons.  In the end I decided if John Wagner can still be bothered to get out of bed to write this stuff, I was going to stick around to see what he'd done.  If you've already quit have you considered co-subscribing with someone?  You split the cost and they get to keep the progs after you've read them?  Best of both worlds... less money and less space taken up.

Cheers

Large48

Arse, was there yesterday and spent quite a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!! without seeing this voucher  :x
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Bad Andy

QuoteIf you've already quit have you considered co-subscribing with someone? You split the cost and they get to keep the progs after you've read them? Best of both worlds... less money and less space taken up.

No.... don't really know anyone to do that with anyway. To be honest I'm keeping an eye on Clickwheel - at least that solves the space problem, but whether you'd get the 'free GN' with the Megazine is a worry.