Main Menu

Pixel Dredd

Started by Steven Denton, 02 July, 2019, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Denton

Woolly

Awesome mate!  :thumbsup:
Glad to see you've added the lawgiver to the boot holster ;)

Bolt-01

Steven Denton

I'm not an animator so this has been quite an interesting learning curve. I realised that in the loop I posted the leg straitens at the wrong point giving Dredd a limp. this taught me two things. how to animate a limp and how to not animate a limp.

Steven Denton

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Tjm86

Quote from: Steven Denton on 02 July, 2019, 11:08:38 PM
.... this taught me two things. how to animate a limp and how to not animate a limp.

I'm a little concerned then.  To me this looks like "Line Dancing Dredd."    ::)

[still quality work mind!]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Steven Denton

It's weird. sometimes it looks smooth and some times it skips. I think I have reached the limits of my skills with just guessing. I'll need to devote some real time to this one day if I'm going to create anything decent.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Steven Denton

I found the angry animator one last night while doing a tutorial trawl, looks helpful. the other one looks really useful too. my little animation has the same steps as the a frame one but with issues with the placements I think

Steven Denton

Quote from: Funt Solo on 03 July, 2019, 03:01:40 PM
Tutorial I found a while ago.

And an older web archived one.

From reading these very links I realised I had a frame missing on the second half that threw the whole thing out of step!

pauljholden

Steve, would it work better if the arm and the leg were not the same side - ie when left arm forward then right leg forward, and when right arm forward then left leg forward. I think that's more of natural gait.

Steven Denton

Yes.

I've been walking around for a week and every time I think about it my forward hand and leg are the same, I'm using me as reference and I can't be sure if I only walk funny when I think about it or if I walk funny of the time!

pauljholden