Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

If I was in the sweep, my money would have been on "unearthed recording", as there is zero chance the buffoon hasn't violated every taboo already, it's just a matter of waiting for the tapes to surface.

Also: when - not if - he drops the N-bomb, the GOP will suddenly develop amnesia about that time they threw a shit fit when Obama said it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Professor Bear on 13 January, 2018, 10:09:16 PM
Also: when - not if - he drops the N-bomb

It's pronounced 'Nuc-u-lar'.

marko10174

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 January, 2018, 10:51:21 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 January, 2018, 08:13:12 AM

Trump, and his supporters, are a disgrace to humanity, and no amount of supposed telling-it-like-it-is changes that.

Have you spoken to all of the millions of Trump supporters? do you know them personally? I'm no Trump supporter, but I wouldn't go as far as describing them collectively as a disgrace to humanity. Try not being so dogmatic, speak to people, try to understand other peoples views, and what has led them to adhere to those views. Generalising... I thought we were passed that?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: marko10174 on 16 January, 2018, 10:59:12 PMtry to understand other peoples views, and what has led them to adhere to those views. Generalising... I thought we were passed that?

If you're happy to support a man who thinks neo-nazis are "good people" and endorses an alleged paedophile for the US Senate, I don't much care what led you to adopt that position.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: marko10174 on 16 January, 2018, 10:59:12 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 13 January, 2018, 10:51:21 AM
Trump, and his supporters, are a disgrace to humanity, and no amount of supposed telling-it-like-it-is changes that.

Have you spoken to all of the millions of Trump supporters? do you know them personally? I'm no Trump supporter, but I wouldn't go as far as describing them collectively as a disgrace to humanity. Try not being so dogmatic, speak to people, try to understand other peoples views, and what has led them to adhere to those views. Generalising... I thought we were passed that

I'm not generalising, I'm being very specific: deliberately and knowingly supporting a head of state who conducts himself in the manner that Trump does means that person brings (additional) shame on our species. It is disgraceful to listen to the shit that flows out of that dangerous baboon and say "yay Trump, telling the hard truths, have my vote": that goes for anyone that is even slightly aware of themselves and the world around them.

I fully appreciate the levels of ignorance, hardship and social conditioning that may bring an individual to that point,  but it in no way diminishes the disgrace. People do stupid things for all sorts of understandable reasons: it doesn't mean the aren't stupid.

The Legendary Shark

I agree. Just look at the number of people who still believe in voting despicable morons into power and then feeling honour bound to do as they say...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 January, 2018, 06:34:36 AM
I agree. Just look at the number of people who still believe in voting despicable morons into power and then feeling honour bound to do as they say...

Touché, monsieur le Requin!

The Legendary Shark

Ha - I had to Google that. :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 January, 2018, 10:21:20 AM
Ha - I had to Google that. :D

there's a very cool bar in Paris called Le Requin Chagrin (the embarrassed shark) that always makes me think of you

The Legendary Shark

Well, I'm glad it's a cool bar and not a dive. If ever I find myself in the vicinity, I'll have to search it out and take a suitably staged selfie (naked, of course...).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

now that would be embarrassing  :-[
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 17 January, 2018, 03:08:26 PM
now that would be embarrassing  :-[

No need for clasper-shaming.  I'm sure the Shark is just as nature intended, dorsal and ventral.

The Legendary Shark

I'm exactly as Nature intended. Unfortunately, she formulated these intentions in the middle of that phase during which she became fascinated by the concept of miniaturisation.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

I think you meant to say "it's cold out."

Tjm86

You sure it's not "It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere?"

Are you alone?  More or less?

What are the Goldfish up to?