You talked. I got bored. ;-P

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Mardroid

I'm llking it too.

Particularly liked the magic window gag. Heh. Come on, that was funny!

Pop Culture Bandit

I don't think the Fitz and Ward held onto the car as it passed over them, the 'sleeping bag' they were in was magnetic so it picked them up when the truck passed overhead. Although I'm sure there's just as many continuity holes in that approach too!!

I'm really enjoying it - It's advanced leaps and bounds from the initial two episodes and is beginning to develop nicely with some ongoing mysteries and recurring enemies.

Here's my detailed review of the latest episode:

http://popculturebandit.blogspot.com/2013/11/review-agents-of-shield-1x07-hub.html

dracula1

Wow! episode 8.... Great tie into Thor 2. Keep watching true believers.

IndigoPrime

So what if you haven't watched Thor 2, but will probably get round to it on rental? Is this new episode full of spoilers? Does it even make sense?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 November, 2013, 10:32:29 AM
So what if you haven't watched Thor 2, but will probably get round to it on rental? Is this new episode full of spoilers? Does it even make sense?

Yes, it makes sense. No, there are no spoilers for Thor 2.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grant Goggans

My problem with the show is that I don't mind the actual agents like many of you guys do.  It's their agency that leaves me cold.  SHIELD really is an evil, manipulative, awful organization.  It's so wrong-headed, since the original comic was actually named to cash-in on UNCLE but there's none of the fun or lightness or sense of "hey, these are the good guys" with SHIELD itself that I want to see.  This is "hey, we're SHIELD and we'll do whatever we want and that includes sacrificing two of the lead characters with no extraction plan because we're THAT badass and bloodthirsty."

My own extraction plan is to wait until one of the four competing ongoing subplots finally gets resolved and decide then.  We watch it on demand because it's not on at a convenient time for us; it's very easy to forget to do that.

willthemightyW

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 21 November, 2013, 07:46:24 PM
My problem with the show is that I don't mind the actual agents like many of you guys do.  It's their agency that leaves me cold.  SHIELD really is an evil, manipulative, awful organization.  It's so wrong-headed, since the original comic was actually named to cash-in on UNCLE but there's none of the fun or lightness or sense of "hey, these are the good guys" with SHIELD itself that I want to see.  This is "hey, we're SHIELD and we'll do whatever we want and that includes sacrificing two of the lead characters with no extraction plan because we're THAT badass and bloodthirsty."

My own extraction plan is to wait until one of the four competing ongoing subplots finally gets resolved and decide then.  We watch it on demand because it's not on at a convenient time for us; it's very easy to forget to do that.

That's what they're like in the comics! They are pretty bloody cold. Nick Fury is sly and manipulative, and shield are constantly using and abusing their assets. If that's an issue, then it's also an issue with the source material!

Will
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Professor Bear

That's not a problem with the show specifically as much as it is an enduring cliche of the genre. Sure, it was popularised in the 1990s by X-Files, but it's still ingrained in the genre because sci-fi is notoriously conservative, reactionary, and slow to embrace new ideas.
Doesn't matter if it's the FBI, the CIA, or even the Girl Scouts of America, the writing approach is to immediately adopt the attitude of a floppy-haired 14 year-old hipster about it: "ugh, more than one person working towards a common goal, that's so conformist and mainstream and crypto-fascist."

Theblazeuk

Quote from: willthemightyW on 24 November, 2013, 05:51:50 PM

That's what they're like in the comics! They are pretty bloody cold. Nick Fury is sly and manipulative, and shield are constantly using and abusing their assets. If that's an issue, then it's also an issue with the source material!

Will

Only since Bendis started writing em that way. Previously SHIELD was a "No matter what the cost but NEVER leave a man behind" badass spy network. People were sacrificed but only in the noble heroic way (which granted could be a little grim in Kirby's extreme square jawed fashion).

Proudhuff

Now Jim that's what i was wanting more of! Loki's staff and fisticuffs, dark secrets etc. promising promising.
DDT did a job on me

Theblazeuk

Yeah I thought this latest one was definitely alright, mainly due to the angry superpowered people and the professor.

Dandontdare

you mean I've watched all that dross and then missed the one good episode immediately after giving up on it? Bollox. I'll have to try 4OD

Theblazeuk

I personally prefered the Spy-in-the-eye episode. That's my highpoint so far.