Main Menu

Karl Urban in new futuristic Cop show?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 01 June, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 29 November, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
retread of Die Hard, right down "Ehh it was a boring conversation anyway".

Isn't that star wars?  ;)

Will be watching the first episode tonight

Will
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Theblazeuk

Yeah but I'm pretty sure it's in Die Hard too.

Maybe I'm just getting confuzzled.

Devons Daddy

Thanks to the interwb thingy and Apple TV this show is OUTSTANDING
Cliches, good cop bad cop buddies, big guns sub plots and conspiracy.
Androids hot tech and sprcial affects with Dredd/bones as the lead?

It entertainment. Worthy of your time.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Theblazeuk

QuoteIt entertainment. Worthy of your time.

My new go-to phrase.

Judge Brian

He said it! He said it!

"that's 18 to 24 in the cubes"

dweezil2

Quote from: Judge Brian on 03 December, 2013, 04:49:51 AM
He said it! He said it!

"that's 18 to 24 in the cubes"

It would be proper meta if Mr Urban was wearing a 'Make A Dredd Sequel' T-Shirt at one point!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

von Boom

Urban needs to wear a helmet with a visor concealing half of his face.

Professor Bear

Last week Urban and his rookie partner were trapped in a futuristic high rise, this week he threatened to send someone to "the cubes" while trying to track down a new futuristic super-drug, but you know what?  I don't actually think these are deliberate homages, I think the show is just that unoriginal it can't help tripping over a Dredd reference sooner or later.

Still, what with the use of the memory dream machine, rogue replicants and so on, at least it's more royalty money for the Phillip K Dick estate - or at the very least, money for the creators of that 1990s show about the injured cop with the dead partner replaced by an Almost Human android so they can investigate future crimes based on PKD stories.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuR_yTKCnYI

Devons Daddy

This show is working for me.

If your not on board yet time to add to your download list.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Theblazeuk

Interestingly (but confusingly) the show is airing out of production order. From the AV club:
"Blood Brothers" was the eighth episode of Almost Human produced, but it's the fifth to air. Next week is the third episode produced, and the second episode isn't even on the schedule.

von Boom

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 December, 2013, 12:45:48 PM
Interestingly (but confusingly) the show is airing out of production order. From the AV club:
"Blood Brothers" was the eighth episode of Almost Human produced, but it's the fifth to air. Next week is the third episode produced, and the second episode isn't even on the schedule.

Hmmm... Where have I seen this sort of thing before from Fox?

Sounds like Fox is pulling another Firefly.

GordonR

Quote from: von Boom on 13 December, 2013, 01:17:18 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 December, 2013, 12:45:48 PM

Hmmm... Where have I seen this sort of thing before from Fox?

Sounds like Fox is pulling another Firefly.

Not necessarily. TV shows are shot in production blocks, which don't always correspond to the order they'll eventually be broadcast in. (For example, in the Eccleston first series of Doctor Who the first production block shot was the Slitheen two-parter and then Rose - that's episodes 4, 5 and 1 of the eventual broadcast order.)

Jumping around the running order like this can be because of having a director working on several disparate episodes in a row, the availability of a guest actor or recurring cast member, having certain sets or locations available only for a specific time of just generally managing your production resources.

Unless showing the episodes out of the order they were filmed in produces obvious problems with the ongoing story arc or characterisation, there might be nothing sinister to this.

That said, Fox do have a fairly terrible record on supporting genre shows.

Chris Tresson

I watched the first episode of this today, it ain't that bad. :geek:

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green