Main Menu

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BY THE NEW STAR TREK: DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 October, 2017, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

The Red Angel seems to have female hips so I'm guessing Georgiou or Burnham.

Please God not Tilly.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

I enjoyed that too. Sonnequa Martin-Green and Anson Mount are both great. In fact most of the cast is pretty good.

But What. The. Actual. What. with the lens flare this week? Absolutely and distractingly off the scale.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

wedgeski

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 March, 2019, 09:58:23 PM
I enjoyed that too. Sonnequa Martin-Green and Anson Mount are both great. In fact most of the cast is pretty good.

But What. The. Actual. What. with the lens flare this week? Absolutely and distractingly off the scale.
It was egregious this week, I agree, although, I did like the audio and visual call-backs to TOS. They missed a trick by not smearing vaseline over the lens whenever Melissa George showed up. :)

Theblazeuk

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

I thought the last episode was great, though I am uncertain about the dead doctor thread as it feels like retreading similar ground on the Tyler/Volk (as they acknowledged). Love that it tied in with TOS and the use of the original episode during the pre-roll.

Vulcan has some horrific wildlife, doesn't it?

Hey maybe the Red Angel is Lorca Prime

JamesC

I've really enjoyed the last couple of episodes. The Talos stuff was all great and I loved the montage of original series stuff. I want to re-watch The Menagerie now, to get that whole thing straight in my head before continuing.

Guesses on who the Re Angel is:
My money would be on the robo-head lady (who's abviously working for Section 31).
It could also be Melissa George's character.

Out-of-the-box thoughts are that it's someone who's going to tie this into the Picard spin off (Beverley Crusher (red head?)) or someone from the Kelvin-verse whose going to intergrate the film timeline.

Rara Avis

It has to be the [spoiler]original Captain Lorca. How else are they going to get him back?[/spoiler]!

Theblazeuk

Robo-head lady was infected by the future probe hack, so I don't think it's Section 31. (Those transmissions weren't necessarily going to Section 31 though clearly it was her rather than Tyler)

JamesC

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 15 March, 2019, 09:59:31 AM
Robo-head lady was infected by the future probe hack, so I don't think it's Section 31. (Those transmissions weren't necessarily going to Section 31 though clearly it was her rather than Tyler)

Ok - thanks - I missed that.

shaolin_monkey

Robin Low

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 March, 2019, 05:51:50 PM
Holy shit - this week's episode. Just - holy shit.

If this week's episode doesn't live up to that, then I shall be having words.

Regards,

Robin

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Robin Low on 15 March, 2019, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 March, 2019, 05:51:50 PM
Holy shit - this week's episode. Just - holy shit.

If this week's episode doesn't live up to that, then I shall be having words.

Regards,

Robin

It's a good one. Think 'Renton in Trainspotting testing the Russian heroin' good.

Leigh S

Well, having been away this week and watching some TOS on Horror, it is clear that Discovery bears no relation to the original series, unless they can retcon in a reason why society becomes horrifically misogynistic over the next ten years

Jim_Campbell

Surely the obvious reason the Red Angel chose Spock is [spoiler]because the Red Angel is Spock from the future...?[/spoiler]
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.