Main Menu

Greetings Earthlets!!

Started by Sean SD, 11 April, 2018, 01:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean SD

Hi all
Greetings from Australia.

Old enough to have been a reader since the 80s  :o however recent exploration
of comics and graphic novels in general during the last few years led me to 2000AD

Enjoying exploring via digital subscription to the prog and the Meg
as well as collected editions of stories I want to read more of.

Recommend the official podcast and YouTube videos of 2000AD ABCs to other newcomers
Also enjoying Space Spinner 2000 and Mega City Book Club podcasts as accompaniment to my reading

Faves stories so far are Dredd Day of Chaos, Dredd America, Strontium Dog, Absalom, Sinister Dexter, Rogue Trooper, Brink etc etc

So far I'm a fan of Wagner, Grant and Rennie as writers and Ezquerra and MacNeil as artists

Can't draw to save myself but am also enjoying all the different art styles that anthology such as 2000AD brings

Even starting to recognise some artists styles  :)

Anyhow hi all looking forward to heaps more 2000AD
Cheers
Sean

broodblik

Welcome, I am glad to know that I am not the only person in the Southern Hemisphere who enjoys 2000 AD
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Welcome- there are quite a few of you down that way, and a couple of creators as well.

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard - always good to hear from fresh blood and also folks from other countries. Tharg might spreads across all barriers.

Have fun

Michael Knight

A warm welcome Sean. Friendly group on here. Enjoy!

BMCCOLL

Welcome aboard! I was a reader from the off til the mid 80s and have to agree with the above, a very likeable bunch on here!

Sean SD

Thanks for the welcome one and all currently enjoying learning about Nemesis via Meg 395s bonus material  :)

maryanddavid

sheridan

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 April, 2018, 04:01:25 PM
Welcome- there are quite a few of you down that way, and a couple of creators as well.

Wasn't there an antipodean 2000AD signing a few years back as well, or am I imagining that?

Welcome to the House of Tharg, and the forum!

Sean SD

Quote from: sheridan on 24 April, 2018, 11:56:26 AM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 April, 2018, 04:01:25 PM

Wasn't there an antipodean 2000AD signing a few years back as well, or am I imagining that?

Welcome to the House of Tharg, and the forum!

Not sure about past signings but wouldn't mind meeting up with some creators one day. Jealous of you UK people with your local signings etc.