Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I haven't had the heating on since March, and I took a radiator off while I was doing the decorating. The boiler is still heating water to the taps, but my central heating won't come on, even though I've turned up the barometric pressure.

Despite having taken payment for September, my window cleaner has twice come round asking for payment for August. I don't remember not paying the window cleaner in August, but the window cleaner has no record of our having paid either. Half of me thinks they should have been a bit quicker about chasing up overdue payments in August, and the other half thinks maybe I can't afford to have the windows cleaned any more. The windows at the back haven't been cleaned in 6 years and I can still see through them, so maybe  don't need the front windows cleaned either. And I do have a long ladder.
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Unsolicited.  Most amusing!

I think we'll be ok, ta TordelBack.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Quote from: House of Usher on 05 October, 2009, 09:10:15 PM
I took a radiator off while I was doing the decorating.

I don't think my heating's going to come on again until I put that radiator back on. The flow pipe apparently terminates at the last radiator on the circuit, and that's where the return pipe starts from. I knew that. I had to try it out. That was easier than fiddling about putting the radiator back on only to have to take it off again when I do the wallpapering. Oh well. I'll put it back on after Two and a Half Men. Or just go to bed and leave it until the morning.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

QuoteI'll put it back on after Two and a Half Men.

No wonder you're battling the black dog, Ush!

House of Usher

Ha! I'll have you know, Two and a Half Men offers just the right level of complexity I can cope with of an evening.
STRIKE !!!

Paul faplad Finch

Does Chuck Lorre still do his vanity cards? I often found myself laughing at them more than the shows.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Roger Godpleton

Just as I entered the chip shop the last piece of chicken was being served to another customer so I settled on cod as I didn't bring a book and I was not prepared to wait for chicken.

Admittedly this was my own fault as I went to the co-op first and spent ages trying to pick a desert. I settled on a coconut sponge which was on offer at 60 pence but it came up on the till as 96 pence as it is only the beginning of the current phase of offers. I still got it for 60 after I explained my case.

Also in the co-op I purchased a croissant from the reductions basket for 15 pence but it turned out to be an almond croissant. Had I chosen to heat it up once I arrived home I would have been gravely disappointed as the almond filling meant that the croissant considered as a single entity was most assuredly not conducive to having butter spread on it.

As I walked home, I observed that some thoughtless individual who had also opted to purchase reduced co-op bakery treats had dumped the plastic bag over somebody's [ultimately inadequate] fence and into their front garden, leaving a paragon of civic virtue such as myself to reach it over and pick it up for correct disposal.

I should also point out that my mood has been tainted with a somewhat melancholy disposition this week having watched the most recent episode of Element Hunters last night where a thoroughly likable character was apparently heartlessly murdered by her employers as a consequence of her inquisitive nature leading to her uncovering the unsavory aspects of the enterprise of fighting giant monsters created by the transferral of posi-elements into the Nega Earth which can only be perceived by pre-pubescent children.

I've got some pen on my jumper.

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

Quoteturned out to be an almond croissant

But almond croissant are the food of the gods! They form a most delicious and fulfilling closure to any meal I find.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

uncle fester

Quote from: Bouwel on 06 October, 2009, 07:52:11 AM
Quoteturned out to be an almond croissant

But almond croissant are the food of the gods! They form a most delicious and fulfilling closure to any meal I find.

-Bouwel-

Hear hear! (Here here??) (Here hare here?) Almond croissants are indeed a positive luxury. And in the bargain section? That's life dealing you an ace, Roger!

SmallBlueThing

Remember the nutbag psycho boarder who was hassling my wife with accusations about me? Well, tHeY'Re BacK...

And we don't give a toss. So, if you're reading this, nutbag psycho boarder... DELETE.  :D

SBT

House of Usher

Two job interview rejections in one morning. Glad to have got it over with quickly. One more shot at getting my career back this autumn, or else resign myself to adding £3,000 p.a. to my debts for the rest of my days.
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 06 October, 2009, 09:18:38 AMRemember the nutbag psycho boarder who was hassling my wife with accusations about me? Well, tHeY'Re BacK...

And we don't give a toss. So, if you're reading this, nutbag psycho boarder... DELETE.  :D
Oh, eff them!

Steev and Hot Wife, I know what that's like and I sincerely hope this person disappears into a big pit full of crocodiles and lemon juice.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

KFC or Burger King this evening? Which to choose?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 October, 2009, 05:10:31 PM
KFC or Burger King this evening? Which to choose?
Home cooking, you can't beat it. Especially when someone else cooks it in your home!

Peter Wolf

Burger King would be my choice.

They sell Aberdeen Angus beef which means you have some idea what you are eating and where it comes from.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death