Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I own 22 of the albums on the list, not sure what that says about me. I do still despise the NME though. 

TordelBack

I have 8!  Although I believe I only bought 2 of those, and stole the other 6 from the office network iTunes pool, and only have  2 on my MP3 player at the mo (the two I bought).  Does this mean I'm cool?  I mean, obviously not as cool as Gavin, and it goes without saying that I'm cooler than Mike, but I'm not sure that counts as actually 'cool'.  I need validation, and closure.

Honestly though, nothing by Sigur Ros?

Peter Wolf

I own 5 of those albums in that list other than that i am just about done with lists like these and anyway the NME is a travesty compared to what it used to be and it doesnt have any credibility anymore and i stopped reading it when it changed form its newspaper serious format and mutated into the music scenes equivalent of Heat magazine.

No Coldplay though which is a good thing.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Minkyboy

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 17 November, 2009, 06:51:10 PM
I own 5 of those albums in that list other than that i am just about done with lists like these and anyway the NME is a travesty compared to what it used to be and it doesnt have any credibility anymore and i stopped reading it when it changed form its newspaper serious format and mutated into the music scenes equivalent of Heat magazine.

Quick! Someone break out the emergency punctuation kit. Peter is crashing.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

wild-seven

I own 19 of them - and I still maintain that 'Is this it' is the most over-rated album EVER
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 November, 2009, 06:42:23 PM
My missus owns four of them 10, 14, 27 & 49 and I own one 30. I bought it just for the one hit single and it only cost a fiver.

My missus has just corrected me, she owns number 1 as well ::) she got it for £4 in a sale after one Christmas.

vzzbux

Drilled through an electric cable today. Going to cost me £100. Bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Colin YNWA

I own 8 and the lack of numerous other ablums that clearly would be on any decent music papers list makes me vaguely ashamed to own even that many...where is that guilty pleasures list...

Mike Gloady

My brother dropped nearly £300 of his firms money yesterday.  Happily he found it 15 minutes later.  Hole in his pocket.  But that's a minor impediment for me as it may have taken a week off his life-expectancy. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 17 November, 2009, 07:46:05 PM
My brother dropped nearly £300 of his firms money yesterday.  Happily he found it 15 minutes later.  Hole in his pocket.  But that's a minor impediment for me as it may have taken a week off his life-expectancy. 

I lost that much cash once because i had a hole in my pocket and didnt realise it.This was somewhere between Green Park and Victoria.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

He was bricking it because his boss is also his best mate. Most people pay cash for skips. He was fortunate to have got it back, but the fear and worry were quite massive despite only lasting a short time. A few 20s were missing, but compared to how bad it might have been this news was almost welcome.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Christov

Bloody flu has left me stuck in bed for the last few days.

Lucky for me, I've got an array of Kubrick films to keep me happy. On the downside however, I am tripping my tits off on various medicines, making 2001 a much more... dramatic experience.

House of Usher

This surely needs a thread of its own! But...

I have four of the albums on that list. I claim no responsibility for The White Stripes CD, and Myths of the Near Future was only an eBay purchase, so cost next to nothing.

14. Radiohead - Kid A
18. The White Stripes - Elephant
23. Klaxons - Myths of the Near Future
38. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

I've got fourteen of those albums and I'm proud of it. In fact, I'll check out some of the others in Spotify as that's where I get to find out about music nowadays and before that it was Last.fm. I am fed up with music radio and gave up on XFM many years ago.

Agree with comments about NME but I do often buy their albums of the year issue to see if there is anything good I missed out on throughout the year. That has introduced me to some gems such as Les Savy Fav. But having said that, last time I didn't discover anything.