Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Home run is going smoothly but there's always a chance it could go wrong.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 24 December, 2009, 08:40:23 PM
I put my boxers on back to front today.

[spoiler]The skids are on the front which may render them unsalvagable.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I once had to have my boxer shorts cracked off of me after a particular nasty bout of holiday gastro-enteritis and subsequent twelve hours conked-out-on-the-floor-of-a-tent. That was the king of all skiddies. They were like brown cardboard. Once they came off, me and a mate drove into Frejus and deposited them in a rubbish bin. He still laughs about this.[/spoiler]

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Whilst at work last night I listened to a Black Library audio book, Thunder From Fenris by Nick Kyme. It's about the Space Wolves on Skorbad, a planet ravaged by war which just so happens to have a zombie plague as well.
Anyway I was thoroughly enjoying the story (Toby Longworth reads it) until the end. It has one of those open endings, which I absolutely detest.

[spoiler]The final scene is of one space wolf charging into battle against his blood brother who has sucuumbed to the wolfen curse. This is after three others have died on the journey towards this meeting. That's right it stopped as they charged each other!!!!![/spoiler]

I actually thought that something had gone wrong with the cd player and I also cleaned the disc, but to no avail that was the ending :thumbsdown:

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 27 December, 2009, 05:11:01 PM
I had to do the washing up. 

I have that every Wednesday, just before or as I go into the chat room. It's a small price to pay I suppose for an evenings laughter.

House of Usher

There were some minor impediments, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were!  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

The brother went back to Oz today, and I never really had a chance to connect with him (for want of a better phrase).  I was madly busy for the first weeks he was here, then there was the endless round of relatives and in-laws we both had to get through over Christmas, and then he was off to the airport.  We sat at various dinner tables and discussed the numerous bodily fluids of our respective babies (they're just one month apart),  but we've never been close and we never really managed to talk.  It'll probably be several years before I see him and my niece again, and I can't help but feel I missed an opportunity.

Peter Wolf

Has anyone noticed that the latest version of Firefox is inherently unstable and full of glitches ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 28 December, 2009, 11:55:30 PM
Has anyone noticed that the latest version of Firefox is inherently unstable and full of glitches ?

Mine seems okay - you may have picked up a virus.

I, Cosh

I was back from work very early today (about 3) so I thought I'd take the opportunity to buy some new brake blocks. The first four bike shops I went to were all closed! Since when did Hogmanay become some sort of national day of idleness? Fortunately, the fifth one (and last on the way home) had some semblance of a work ethic.

I'm still in the bath.
We never really die.

worldshown

Firefox does tend to lock up once a day for me, but it still beats Internet Explorer opening multiple tabs by itself every 20 minutes.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: worldshown on 31 December, 2009, 06:11:58 PM

Firefox does tend to lock up once a day for me, but it still beats Internet Explorer opening multiple tabs by itself every 20 minutes.

There is an update available now but i havent bothered to install it yet.

Anything is better than Internet Explorer.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

... Because the drive holding all my DVD rips failed a couple of weeks ago and now the motherfucking DVD drive has packed up in the Mac Mini, leaving me with no option other than watch the pathetic pile of disgraceful shit that passes for tv tonight.

Jesus.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.