Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 January, 2010, 10:34:31 PM
I've watched ten episodes of Farscape in the last 36 hours and now I feel a bit sick.

Well I've just watched all five seasons of BSG (plus the miniseries) in less than 3 weeks, and I'm well and truly frakked. (and so say we all)

COMMANDO FORCES

I was in town today buying some of that Egyptian cotton bedding, as I had heard so much about it. It has a 300 thread count which makes it excellent, apparently :-\
Just as I piled my arms with what I required I noticed another pile of bedding that had a 400 thread count but it wasn't Egyptian, what should I do. Bollocks to it I stuck with the 300 count as I couldn't be arsed looking through another display for matching sets of something I liked. It took me over 20 minutes to find what I wanted the first time (I had to get an assistant to go out the back to get a fitted sheet, as there wasn't the one I wanted on display in the size I needed).
I had had a go on it all earlier and it just felt like normal bedding to me and expensive bedding at that ::)

Just looked on a site to check the thread count bollocks and it goes up to 1200 and that is VERY expensive :o

Hoagy

Nice insight into Egyptian cotton and the price hiker that contributes, thread count.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

I hate unravelling conversations. Sparky replacing lights outside block.

S: "Do you want light there?"
Me: "No there wasn't one there before"
S: "Yes there was. I should know, I took the old one off"
Me (with my lack of pushyness): "Ok, well if there was one there before then put one back there"

Later that evening I look at old photos. No such light there. I email that to surveyor and he says he will pass on pic and message to Sparky's boss not to put up light there. Today I look out window and Sparky is up ladder preparing cable to put light there. So long convoluted discussion with Sparky getting shirty. His boss never passed on message. Other Sparky had a photo he took and that also shows no light there. But Sparky still insisted there was a light there. Arrgh.

His stroppyness is no doubt due to him having to redo one day's work where they put up garish white cable over the brickwork without asking us if we wanted black or white.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 27 January, 2010, 10:41:59 AM
I hate unravelling conversations. Sparky replacing lights outside block.

S: "Do you want light there?"
Me: "No there wasn't one there before"
S: "Yes there was. I should know, I took the old one off"
Me (with my lack of pushyness): "Ok, well if there was one there before then put one back there"

Later that evening I look at old photos. No such light there. I email that to surveyor and he says he will pass on pic and message to Sparky's boss not to put up light there. Today I look out window and Sparky is up ladder preparing cable to put light there. So long convoluted discussion with Sparky getting shirty. His boss never passed on message. Other Sparky had a photo he took and that also shows no light there. But Sparky still insisted there was a light there. Arrgh.

His stroppyness is no doubt due to him having to redo one day's work where they put up garish white cable over the brickwork without asking us if we wanted black or white.

Surely if there is no evidence of a light being there then there wasnt a light there ?

"No ! there was a light there before even though there wasnt a light there before !"
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 27 January, 2010, 01:16:52 PM
ere is no evidence of a light being there then there wasnt a light there ?

"No ! there was a light there before even though there wasnt a light there before !"

Hate it when someone is really adamant that they are correct but turn out to be wrong. I just noticed they are running cable across the top wall of the car park wall even though I asked them to run it a bit lower so that it is not cut by the neighbours when they trim their hedges. It's armoured anyway. But I give up. I end up looking like a control freak but some of the other flat owners are real nit pickers and I am constantly trying to preempt their reactions.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 27 January, 2010, 01:23:52 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 27 January, 2010, 01:16:52 PM
ere is no evidence of a light being there then there wasnt a light there ?

Hate it when someone is really adamant that they are correct but turn out to be wrong. I just noticed they are running cable across the top wall of the car park wall even though I asked them to run it a bit lower so that it is not cut by the neighbours when they trim their hedges. It's armoured anyway. But I give up. I end up looking like a control freak but some of the other flat owners are real nit pickers and I am constantly trying to preempt their reactions.

It seems to be one thing after another with that block that you live in.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 27 January, 2010, 01:35:11 PM
It seems to be one thing after another with that block that you live in.

Yes, it is. A few strong characters here make things very, very difficult. How I would love to have my own house so that we could live our own life. Out of the question round these parts.

Rog69

I went out to see Avatar this evening, on my own because the wife didn't want to go and everybody else in the entire world has already seen it.

I was running late because my baby daughter puked on me just as I was about to leave, but one Superman style quick change later I headed out, swinging by the local shop on the way to buy a bag of Revels (I didn't want to have to re-mortgage my house so I could buy some from the cinema).

When I finally got to there the car park was rammed (stupid Orange Wednesday)and by the time I had orbited it several times and found a space, the film had been on for 10 minutes so I went home again  :(

Who wants to see a bunch of stupid lanky blue twats anyway.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Rog69 on 27 January, 2010, 09:08:07 PM
Who wants to see a bunch of stupid lanky blue twats anyway.

:lol:
I've just got back from "Sex and drugs and rock'n'roll" (which was fanbloodytastic), but the heating was broken in the cinema and it was freezing. I also have a tickly cough that probably made me the least popular person in there, however much Covonia I swigged.

COMMANDO FORCES

Sat at work for 90 mins and no job yet. I want to get out on the road so I can listen to the latest Dredd CD. Best the run is over an hour so I can listen to it in one hit.
Life is hard  :lol:

TordelBack

I just flicked onto the I, Robot movie, where Wil Smith  was leaping off a motorbike accurately shooting marauding robots in the head with twin pistols as he sailed through the air.  Then his girlie turned up with a big machine gun and blasted another robot.  That woman was supposed to be Susan Calvin.  That just isn't right, why should I be accidentally exposed to this kind of thing?

Roger Godpleton

This is why.

QuoteAt lunchtime I bought a Star Wars 3 3/4" figure of Luke in his medical gown from the end of Empire Strikes Back. 

And then because he came with 1/6 of a 'build-a-droid' figure (the head, as it happens), I bought five more figures so I could get a seventh one 'free'.   
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

-sob- It's all true.  My financial support of mindless cinematic SF has encouraged even more mindless cinematic SF.  But hey, that Medical Gown Luke.  I regret nothing,