Main Menu

The Addams Family

Started by Definitely Not Mister Pops, 26 October, 2019, 01:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Frank

Genius move by the suits to excise the intro and theme tune - everyone's least favourite part of the old Addams Family TV show.

This and Bewitched were the highlights of getting home from school, for me, back in the early days of Channel 4. I listened to a podcast where millennials described this as unfunny - I can sort of see their point, but I find the show's one gag very entertaining.

They were discussing the show because of the new animated movie, which I'm boycotting on the grounds that casting latinx hearthrob Oscar Isaac as Gomez is PC gone mad.

JayzusB.Christ

Just found this on cracked.com. Who would have guessed?

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, it hasn't worked for some reason. Here's a link to it instead.

https://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/pictofact/2/9/2/71329
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Oh bloody hell. One more try:

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I wonder if that's because those colours were chosen specifically because they created the desired atmosphere when filmed in black and white, or if it was just for shits and giggles.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 08 November, 2019, 04:13:28 PM
I wonder if that's because those colours were chosen specifically because they created the desired atmosphere when filmed in black and white, or if it was just for shits and giggles.

The comments section would suggest the former.  Having worked in a TV art department, I can attest that painting and sourcing background materials is hard work , and would probably not be carried out on that scale just for a laugh.

IndigoPrime

I recall reading something about this a long while back. It was about designing for the medium, and using colours that would create the right type of contrast when converted to B+W.