Main Menu

Tharg for a day.

Started by seeneester, 28 November, 2002, 12:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeneester

If you were the editor of 2K, what stories/features would you put in or take out. Would you ressurect any old stories or do you have an idea for one yourself. Just remember everything you say including the really excellent ideas will be totally ignored by the actual editor, so until you actually run the mag just keep wishing hard.

Art

Mangamax

The Judges in the beginning,
finish off the dangling Dan Dare plot using Dave Gibbons,
Henry Flint on ABC Warriors,
print that dummy mockup of issue 1
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Slippery PD

Im actually going to go for some do-ables....
1.  A Rennie Dredd Mini Epic (5-9 episodes)
2.  Rico solo strip
3.  Rested SinDex (as in like a couple of years)
4.  Necronaughts to return
5.  A humour strip to return either Robo Hunter (wagner/grant) or ace trucking co.
6.  Return of the centre spread dredd!!!

Dounreay

I might have said this before but since it's back on telly I would still go for 2000AD Big Brother Special.

Basically the current progs crop of writers and artists have to stick with their current strip until we, the gentle, constant readers get to vote them off the prog in the cruelest possible way. Writers and artists also get to nominate the evictee.

Eventually one strip gets the prog to itself for a week.

The evictees get to explain why they're not really crap for our amusment.

Fair enough, it would take longer than a day but who's counting when you're having that kind of fun.

Wake

It would have to be in the Megazine, or over a much longer period. By the time the votes were in for the current prog, next week's prog is already printed and the following issues are probably beyond the point of no return.

Also, are you going to commission enough material so that anyone can win, and end up with loads of unused stuff you've already paid for or commission material based on the votes, in which case the whole exercise would probably have to be run over a year or more.

I think you could bankrupt 2000AD in a single idea with this one. People might vote for creators they like who can't deliver at a fast enough rate. Stories would be paid for, but left unprinted...or collected in 'this is what you said you didn't like' specials. Stories would have to be written with increasing episode page counts as other stories were removed.

Wake

Smiley

Bizarre coincidence, dredged up from the swamp of Thread 2398...

"Big Bother"
Readers get to vote out one of the above idiotic strips each week, until only this one remains and the comic get's cancelled.

paulvonscott

Put speech bubbles on the front cover, commission a ten part 'Cludgie Wars' Ro-Jaws Epic for the summer offensive, kill off sinister and dexter, have a poster of Robohunter drawn by Gibson showing robohunter bitching about the miller devised robohunter cartoon on the screen, I'd dispense 32 Rigellian Hotshots, spend half an hour on the phone pleading for ron smith to do another Dredd, have some lunch, send a letter telling Ennis that he must never work for 2000AD again upon pain of extreme pain, commission the rest of B.A.D. Company, order 30,000 free Dredd badges to be given away with 2000AD, maim a dictator of Zrag, remind myself as editor not to write all the strips, leave a note to remind myself to employ myself when I am no longer employed, do the betelguisian thrill tango and congratulate myself on an extremely Zarjazz day.

Hurrah!

Tiplodocus

I'd commision a photoshoot of some top burd dressed up as Venus Bluegenes (and I mean dressed in the loosest possible sense of the word) just to see if I could cop off with the model/actress.

I'd turn PVS' NATURAL BORN VICTIMS into a strip (drawn by Gibson) because I've just read it and it is great - why hasn't one of the fanzines commisioned him to do it.

I'd employ jOHN wAGNER FULL TIME, i'D GET HIM AND aLAN gRANT ON Strontium Dog, I'd get Cam Kennedy and Carlos and Gibson in every issue. I'd get Rennie to invent some reason for Necronauts 2, I'd tell Spurrier that we were just yanking his chain all along and I'd make Abnett promise only to write adventure stories and not try to be funny. I'd make Ade Bamforth's claim about himself untrue.

I'd send love out to everyone on the board by giving them a months free 2000AD if they add soemthing to the website (other than posting "This Prog was RUBBISH")

And I'd probably allow myself one of my stories to see print (just the best mind - what's the point of having power if you aren't going to abuse it).

I'd check what colour my testicles were (possibly linked to my first point) because stuff like that keeps me up at night.

I'd make the PROG somehow more appealling to younger readers (and girls) to try and give them the magic that I felt in my teens.

And I'd forgive SCOJO.  For after all, am I not mighty. Is my munifence not boundless?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

BEG alan moore to return. throw rose petals across his path if i needed to.

declare the final solution took place but in an alternate universe, return johhny alpha.

begin a dredd mega epic. of awesome proportions ending with him as Chief Judge.using the pit format of chapters within a bigger story.

place an instruction to accounts that all script writers or artists who include boarders names in any accepted and used submissions will be paid a bonus of 50% for there very hard work.  

hold one staff meeting of all contributors to 2000ad over the years. enjoy being in the presence of such luminary talents.you only have one day might as well enjoy it.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Queen Firey-Bou

Why i'd reinstate tharg immediately on the grounds that i am not worthy, on the proviso that the urge to re do old thrills was kept on a very tight leash. and that i was allowed to sit on his knee all day feeding him poly'cups & massaging his tired dial...er rosette.
and so not change the comic to appeal to girlies, its up to my sisters to get up to speed with 2K frankly. !

Oddboy

AHH! It's a woman!  Nort spy alert!!
Better set your phaser to stun.

2000AD Online

an entire issue full of bison

(toungue in cheek moment there snigger)

Trout

The Trout (who would be in charge of it if he could be bothered overthrowing Tharg) would make SinDex good again.

By killing the "funters."

Seriously, a good Butch and Sundance death scene, where they burst out of a doorway to tackle overwhelming odds, then DIE, would improve the strip immeasurably.

Then we could move on.

Also: I'd bring back Alan Moore, and work out some way to get Ian Gibson drawing girls in the comic every week.

- Trout

Bolt-01

I'm with the fish.

Except that Ian Gibson would be doing Robo-Hunter. (drawing).

Dave6795 trying to avoid the innuendo.