Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

Many people question the "7" in Blake's 7, stating that there was actually more/less crew than that. What they fail to realise is that " 's 7 "  was Blake's surname.

Quirkafleeg

Actually you're wrong there Karne... Everyone knows Blake is his surname (first name Roj). '7' is actually the Liberator's ships cat. It can be seen in the background on a number of occasions... it's a cyborg created by Zen so is quite difficult to spot.

Why the cat? Well it is a metaphor for Blakes' nemisis Servalan...

Oddboy

Well you're both wrong.

Blake was actually a robot, and the "s 7" bit means "series seven", as it took the robotics manufacturers six failed attempts to get the android right.
Better set your phaser to stun.

karne

"Everyone knows Blake is his surname (first name Roj)."

I'm sorry to have to correct you there Gary, but in Blake's biography " It's hard to look heroic when you have a curly perm". He states that his full name is Roj Blake's7. He shortened it to Blake in an attempt to hide his identity from the federation.

Kerr Avon and Villa Restal used a different tact by setting up a cosmetics company and a time-share venture.

Trout

This entire message thread is copyright Dean Yates of Gwent.

- Trout

karne

How dare you Trouty. Dean Yates of Gwent was a fictional character created by Shaky Kane to hide behind in order to post highly irreverant facts, whereas I...Oh...Bugger.

karne

In his novel "Jaws", Peter Benchley describes the shark as "a big cat with ferocious teeth, claws and a mane".

petemaskreplica

"a humans wave function has a wave length of about  5*10 meters."

no, i don't know what it means either...

karne

Jennifer Lopez once ate eighty live terrapins because she was "feeling moody".

karne

Richey James from the Manic Street Preachers is not actually missing. Singer James Dean Bradfield locked him in a wardrobe for a laugh but lost the key. He is too afraid to tell anyone in case he is punished.

Oddboy

I had a differnt theory myself.

February 1995 wasn't the first time Richie had killed himself.
Nicky, Sean & James had an evil masterplan to make themselves rock superstars - they'd worked out some great tunes but they lacked that *something* - the twisted lunatic ramblings of all the best music (The Doors, Nirvana etc) so they divised a plot to get them.
They roamed accross the world's lunatic asylums searching for a crazy that would fit the style they were after (this is why Richie cannot play guitar).
However being the suicidal type he killed himself & they'd search for another 'Richie' from the nut-houses - someone who looked vaguely similar (this is why his hairstyle radically changed so often)
Unfortunately in '95 they're 27th Richie 'disappeared' rather publically & the band couldn't hush it up.
Better set your phaser to stun.

potterbeee1

so after all this time, he's not really missing but he's really dead??

Devons Daddy

NONSENSE
i saw him just the other day.
 he was at a KTV karakoe lounge with a big fat guy in a white jump suit and big side burns.singing a little less conversation. it was not near as good as the orginal verision by nike  though.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

karne

Because it's Saturday teatime, here's a special Doctor Who fact for you all:

Whilst filming the Doctor Who story "Revenge of the Cybermen", Tom Baker actually killed three of the actors playing Cybermen because he believed they were real.

Capt.Zeep

Whilst we all know that a standard unmodified diesel engine can be run on used chip oil (best to filter it if you don't want your engine to clog up with fragments of batter and minute particles of deep fried white pudding), few people realise that an ordinary nuclear reactor can be powered for up to 500 years with a single block of "Pura" vegetarian lard...