Main Menu

Labour Shame

Started by Funt Solo, 30 September, 2005, 01:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Not only was the pensioner (who spoke out during Jack Straw's speech at the Labour Party conference) manhandled out of the auditorium by several heavy-handed stewards, but he was also then questioned by police under the Prevention of Terrorism Act.

Innocent man shot in the London Underground.  The Prevention of Terrorism Act used to question a heckler.

What next?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

LARF

I'm reading V for Vendetta for the first time at the moment, on chapter 2 so no spoilers pulease, coincidence?

Satanist

Isnt this just Labours over the top PC way of showing they arent ageist?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Art

He's still very popular in America. Which is probably where he's going to have to move when he's done...

vladthe-emailer

Anyone interested in the 1980's judge dredd baord and roleplaying game and in particular the metal 25mm minis produced for the RPG by citadel miniatures and the offshoot 60mm minis produced by citadel by titan shoud check the ebay auctions of thargthemighty there are a whole bunch of things up as of tonight(sept 27th )and there will be even more goinf up early -mid next week -almost awhole range of gw/citadel stuff,most of it in packaging -all the main characters from cal -rogue -chopper!

Link: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZthargthemightyQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?" target="_blank">http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZthargthemightyQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

Adrian Bamforth

I thought the SS uniforms worn by the stewards were particularly unfortunate.

ADE

Proudhuff

Tears of rage from me! how dare they! that man was a member of the Labour Party before Blair was born.

When they can for the pensioners, I didn't complain, I wasn't a pensioner,
When they came for the Muslims, I didn't complain...  

Once Blair starts building new nuclear power stations will they use all the new laws against anyone who protests against them? as they will be seen to be supporting Eco-terrorism.

Grrrrr, makes me fume I tells ye!

Infurihuff
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

New Labour should not be in power anymore, frankly.

You only have to watch one episode of Question Time to see what they've become.

The health secretary, Patricia Hewitt (sp?) was on lastnight and was questioned about the incident at the conference.

After offering the dismissive party line of "we've apologised, it was unfortunate, let's move on" she then went on to defend the stewards.  She mentioned terrorism and the Brighton bomb as justification for forcibly removing a pensioner who had loudly proclaimed the word "rubbish".  

Quite where the link between a gentle heckle and a bomb is, I can't for the life of me imagine, but she managed to quite merrily doublespeak her way to a direct connection.

That's what people are voting for when they vote for Labour these days:  the defence of the indefensible.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

I do think the past-tense apology is a stroke of genius on Blair's part.  The sequence appears to go:

1) "We have nothing to apologise for.  We were right."

2) "We understand that there were concerns, and we understand the point of view of people with thoser concerns, but we believe that we were right."

3) "We have listened exhaustively to the concerns of others, but ultimately we had to do what we thought was necessary."

4) "We have already apologised for that, can we please move on?"

At no point does an actual word of apology pass anyone's lips.  

Oops, I missed one out -

5) "We have now realised that the person complaining was a celebrity chef with a long-running TV series, and are thus changing the way that we do everything to suit that person."

Trout

I saw this old duffer on TV and didn't like him much. He was old and male and not an attractive young woman with big tits.

Chuck him out!

- Trout

Artificial Idiot

Trout - With an attitude like that I think you'd have to turf the whole of the Labour party out of Brighton.

Which is in no way a bad thing, actually...

Trout

Burn all old people!

In a big fire.

- Trout

Satanist

Wheres the entertainment in that Trout? Make em fight to the death for their pensions on prime time tv.

Top Prize? A years pass to gala bingo and all the cat food they can eat.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Adrian Bamforth

Why wait? Cull them at birth.

ADE

House of Usher

'Labour' and 'shame'. Why am I no longer surprised to see these two words go together so well?

Wish I had watched Question Time last night. I am so out of the habit of watching television with any great deal of interest. I was watching that Elizabeth 1st drama on Channel 4. Some very gruesome scenes of torture and execution there. Very unpleasant. Oh, hang on - I've drifted off topic.

Back to Labour Shame everyone...
STRIKE !!!