Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Oh bugger just realised I got a problem. Up to now I've been able to pick up the Dante issues by waiting for Preview and ordering them from my LCS but of course that doesn't work any more as my LCS is closed and I'm not getting Previews.

Bugger is the dream going to die... any tips short of subscribing?

Tjm86

Colin YNWA

Tomwe

Just now received from Forbidden Planet regarding my specific question on Hachette GNs:
Thanks for getting in touch.

We have a bit more information in regards to new shipments.

Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 Lockdown no items released on or after 25th March 2020 are being shipped to retailers from suppliers, and your outstanding orders will be delayed until further notice. We hope to fulfil outstanding orders once this situation has been resolved and suppliers start shipping comics again.

We're sorry again for any inconvenience caused by this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times.

Dark Jimbo

That's a shame. Can't say I'm too surprised, though...
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

I'm noticing book retailers starting to shut their doors as well — Speedyhen yesterday, for example.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 31 March, 2020, 12:26:02 PM
Just now received from Forbidden Planet regarding my specific question on Hachette GNs:

Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 Lockdown no items released on or after 25th March 2020 are being shipped to retailers from suppliers, and your outstanding orders will be delayed until further notice. We hope to fulfil outstanding orders once this situation has been resolved and suppliers start shipping comics again.

We're sorry again for any inconvenience caused by this delay and thank you for your patience and understanding in these uncertain times.

Arh damnit that didn't take long. Still I guess if they ever come out I'll get um.... I wonder if Hatchette are still able to print and distribute anyway? We'll see what happens I guess.

Tjm86

TBH I was wondering about how much longer some of these operations were going to carry on.  Amazon workers in New York are apparently walking out over safety and infection.  IIRC similar sorts of things were said of Sports Direct.  I've been wondering about the ethics of putting in orders myself given that companies are likely to respond to demand.

Tomwe

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 March, 2020, 01:51:44 PM

Arh damnit that didn't take long. Still I guess if they ever come out I'll get um.... I wonder if Hatchette are still able to print and distribute anyway? We'll see what happens I guess.

Since I posted this I've called Hachette and restarted my subs with them. They said they currently have no supply problems. I'm so behind with my books anyway I'm ok with a wait, but don't want to miss any. The books are printed in Spain of all places so at some point it's likely to go tits up I'm sure.

levers

Emailed earlier today by Forbidden Planet informing me of a change of release date for the next Dante volume. Checked my order tonight and it's now been charged and ready for dispatch!

If I end up being charged for my order of The Best of 2000ad Issue 1 then I'll know something fishy's going on.

Tomwe

Quote from: levers on 03 April, 2020, 11:17:46 PM
Emailed earlier today by Forbidden Planet informing me of a change of release date for the next Dante volume. Checked my order tonight and it's now been charged and ready for dispatch!

If I end up being charged for my order of The Best of 2000ad Issue 1 then I'll know something fishy's going on.

Well that's just typical isn't it. Jumped the gun. Well, I stand by the fact I'm way behind on my reading and could probably do with a little break in payments too. Good for those still getting the books from FP!

IndigoPrime

Surprisingly, a triple-whammy of decent customer service from Hachette today.

1. My new books arrived, 18 days after the previous set, which rocked up 19 days after the ones prior to them. That's only two days late over the revised schedule — and we didn't get mail on Saturday at all, so they may well have been (shock) on time.

2. The credit to my account due to last month's screw-up was done correctly, and so I have a zero charge.

3. The old card packaging is back. Hurrah!

Pete Wells

I managed to pick up the first 58 of these and want to subscribe to get the rest and the site has been down for aaaaages. Grrrrr!

IndigoPrime

Phone them. Apparently, their new customer service lot aren't too awful.

Arkady

Was anyone else charged twice in March? On the 6th and 27th for me. I'm not complaining, as I'm keen for them to to catch up with the release dates, but I wondered whether it was technically legal!