Main Menu

Firefly ---> Serenity

Started by JamieB, 04 March, 2004, 08:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

So it appears that the FIREFLY movie, now called SERENITY, has been greenlit - all cast from the show thus far confirmed except Wash and the priest blokey.

Sooo.... did anyone watch and/or like FIREFLY?

J-Bo-1

Matt Timson

I caught a couple of episodes and it didn't seem *too* bad.  Certainly no worse than any other new series trying to find its feet.

I never bothered trying to watch it properly though as I already knew it'd been cancelled.
Pffft...

ukdane

I really hope a Farscape film is made. I saw the first two series here, before it was pulled. It was very innovative, which made it all the more enjoyable to watch.
Cheers

-Daney

Art

Thats the next year or so of SFX accounted for then...

JamieB

Dane - there are (IIRC) FIVE extant seasons of Farscape.

J-Bo-1

Priv8eye

I never got the chance to see Firefly but all looked far too wild west to me.  Like they hadn't even bithered to change the costumes or anything.

Satanist

I just read the other day that they are currently filming a mini series of Farscape so it will actually have a proper ending.......................................................I can hardly wait!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ukdane

J-Bo, they made four seasons, but only two were ever shown in DK (they seem to hate sci-fi, it's rarely on).

Once they collect all the seasons on box set DVD's, I think I'll get them (I know season 1 & 2 are available as complete box sets, and that 3 & 4 are available separately).

Cheers

-Daney

Mike Carroll

A mate of mine bought the Firefly DVD box set in the states, and lent it to us...

Without a doubt, it was one of the best SF TV shows I've ever seen. And I've seen them all! It even rivals Bablyon 5 and Farscape at their best.

In the US, the episodes were broadcast out of sequence (they showed the pilot AFTER all the other episodes), so it's no wonder that it didn't grab the fans' interest.

Pyroxian

Watched it, loved it, cried when it got cancelled :(

Steve

Steamboy

we haven't even had a sniff of this series in OZ no shock there sci-fi's treated even worse over here than in the UK.  Gotten into Farscape just recently(absolutly awsome), can anyone tell me what series I'm up to as I have no idea, It ended with Moya pulled through a wormhole just as the main dude(Crichton?) was about to head back home, he's left floating in space in his dinky little earth ship just like the pilot episode, and I think that Scopius dude was tormenting him about it....please tell me this isn't how it ended befor the axe fell.......Farscape movie, do tell.

CU Krestel

Woolly

Never heard of this series.
Can anyone give me a brief synopsis?

W. R. Logan

>Never heard of this series.
>Can anyone give me a brief synopsis?

Don?t know if this will help:
http://www2.foxhome.com/firefly/main.html>Firefly

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

Woolly

Cheers Logan!

This looks rather interesting!
Cowboys in space - love it!!

(all it needs now is Bruce Campbell...)