Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Welcome to the age of spin gentlemen. I look forward to being lied to on a daily basis by and about everything.

vzzbux

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 May, 2010, 11:21:22 PM
Welcome to the age of spin gentlemen. I look forward to being lied to on a daily basis by and about everything.

And why is that different to before the election?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

That Samantha needs a good fucking.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Rio De Fideldo

I don't normally like to comment about politics on a forum dedicated to a comic.

I also don't like to swear on a forum where kids may be reading.

Having said all that...

I can't fucking believe the fucking Tories are back in control.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 May, 2010, 11:28:52 PM

Because this government is being sponsored by it instead of the other way round. This is propagandatown now.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 May, 2010, 11:50:09 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 11 May, 2010, 11:28:52 PM

Because this government is being sponsored by it instead of the other way round. This is propagandatown now.

Its business as usual then.

The Blair/Brown adminstration ran on spin.

I dont have a short or selective memory.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

Under the rule of the Consiberal Party, there will be minimal spin and all memories will be subject to Government approval. Everything is under control. Go back to your duties.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: House of Usher on 11 May, 2010, 10:46:58 PM
Quote from: faplad on 11 May, 2010, 07:59:20 PM
What if the Queen carks it between one guy leaving and the other arriving. Do we have to thn wait for Charlie - or whoever - to be crowned before a new Government can be sworn in?

I'm guessing Charles would do the formalities. The Coronation, another formality, would come later.

Roll on the next election. I want my single transferable vote.

I figured as much but wasn't sure which formality would take prescedence(sp?). Common sense would dictate that you would get the Government running - if installing this lot could ever be called common sense - but you never know.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

CrazyFoxMachine

Sigh. Listen man, I'm just trying to point out that this government is sponsored by Rupert Murdoch, Sky News, the Daily Mail, The Sun, Simon Cowell and BASICALLY everything that makes modern media disgustingly biased toward intolerance and stupidity. I'm not trying to say that before that this kind of thing wasn't present but now it's more than an ugly minority. Now it's the law.

PUNK!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 May, 2010, 12:31:32 AM
Sigh. Listen man, I'm just trying to point out that this government is sponsored by Rupert Murdoch, Sky News, the Daily Mail, The Sun, Simon Cowell and BASICALLY everything that makes modern media disgustingly biased toward intolerance and stupidity. I'm not trying to say that before that this kind of thing wasn't present but now it's more than an ugly minority. Now it's the law.

PUNK!

Can you explain with a bit more detail ?

I need some examples because AFAIAC the tabloids and the rest spin every election.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 May, 2010, 12:43:07 AM
Can you explain with a bit more detail ?

No. If you genuinely feel that the tabloids haven't gained any footing at all in this election and all is the same as before then my only words are HURRAY IGNORANCE!

House of Usher

I had a thought the other day about how League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier predicted all this: the dismantling of 'True Labour,' and everything they stood for being swept away almost overnight.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

Clegg and Cameron's comedy double act when at the lawn press conference Dave was asked about his old favourite joke being two words - "Nick" and "Clegg", was brilliant. It bodes well.

M@

COMMANDO FORCES

I do laugh when Labour lovies slag off certain newspapers and Murdoch for going with the Conservatives, especially the Sun. Did these Labour bods say the same when the Sun and Murdoch backed the Labour party, seems very strange or is it just that they are sore losers.
In fact they are so sore that Twitter and numerous other places seems to be full of them wanting the ConLibDem lot to fail, I wonder if that means they want the country to fail, so that we are all in the shit. Anything to get Labour in, dear me!
I hope you all puked when Brown mentioned his love of the troops, is that the same love that messed up getting the kit out to them and never turning up for the return of any of our fallen. He also went on about being green in his goodbye speech and then he went by PLANE up to Scotland.
I was hoping he would go by boat like that other Labour pension thief and fall overboard and do us all a favour.

Anyway, it looks like our new leaders have many interesting ideas, my favourite is to get the workshy into some sort of job. Before everyone winges about those jobs are not the ones that these people will want, tough shit, life is like that. Only a few people on this planet have the jobs they want (which pay well obviously).

Robin Low

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 May, 2010, 05:46:49 PM
Anyway, it looks like our new leaders have many interesting ideas, my favourite is to get the workshy into some sort of job.

I seem to recall they had that policy throughout the 80s and 90s. Oddly enough, nothing came of it.

I'm curious to know what 'some sort of job is'. I mean, would you want to employ the genuinely workshy?

I suspect the only way to really deal with this problem is to restore a sense of shame in unemployment and pride in a job well done, but god knows how you do that.

Regards

Robin