Main Menu

Artist Needed for a Six Frame Comic Movie Adaptation!

Started by locustsofdeath!, 29 January, 2010, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Hello my artistic compadres - Emperor brought to our collective attention the UK indie film magazine Little White Lies, which is holding a neat competition: adapt a movie to comic in six frames. I've got my script down and I just need the right artist to adapt (I'll just say it and hope no one pinches it off me) John Carpenter's The Thing.

Quoted from Emperor:
"An interesting competition which at least gives you a chance to get your work in front of a very different audience - I'm going to have a solid ponder on this one:

UK indie film magazine Little White Lies is challenging comic creator to re-imagine your favourite film as a six frame comic book story. The best mini-strips will then be featured in the next issue.

http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/2010/01/make-your-own-film-inspired-comic-strip.html"

So if you're up for drawing oozing tentacles and vomiting spider-heads, please get in contact with me. Much thanks in advance!

mygrimmbrother

I have become aware of this and am sorely tempted... if only I had four arms, two heads and no job!

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 29 January, 2010, 07:08:45 PMI've got my script down and I just need the right artist to adapt (I'll just say it and hope no one pinches it off me) John Carpenter's The Thing.

My first idea was The Thing and I have been talking to a certain artist about it. Not sure now whether I should bin the plan I had in my head or go for it anyway and let the best man win. ;) I had been pondering if there was a more obscure cult classic out there which might be suitable, clear The Thing isn't cult enough ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Well damn Emps! Maybe we can chalk it up to 'great minds think alike'.

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 29 January, 2010, 07:53:15 PMWell damn Emps! Maybe we can chalk it up to 'great minds think alike'.

Or... too many fans of The Thing around here ;)

I will be studying the template and contemplating my DVDs and seeing what comes of that.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Bolt-01

Van Dom

I missed Emperor's post about this but its intriguing.....
I'll have to get my thinking cap on!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

M.I.K.

Flippin' heck... I've just posted a comment on facebook that's an idea for a three panel version of The Thing, after reading about this on Down The Tubes.

I'm definitely going to have a go at something for this, but The Thing isn't it.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Emperor

Colin YNWA

Spinning off from this a little bit does anybody remember the little advertisment strips that used appear in comics adapting movies. They had more than 6 panels in total but this put me in  mind of them. I seem to remember that the film 'Roars' adaptation was done by Steve Dillon????

El Chivo

Van Dom

Haha. Myself and a mate did a 6 panel Jaws last night....in about five minutes! Seems there are going to be a lot of Jaws, and The Things and Star Wars entries into this ...looks like the trick might be to go a bit more obscure....Think I might have a crack at Heathers....
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!