Main Menu

Artist Needed for a Six Frame Comic Movie Adaptation!

Started by locustsofdeath!, 29 January, 2010, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Van Dom on 31 January, 2010, 06:00:58 PM
Haha. Myself and a mate did a 6 panel Jaws last night....in about five minutes! Seems there are going to be a lot of Jaws, and The Things and Star Wars entries into this ...looks like the trick might be to go a bit more obscure....

That has been the direction I was thinking in, or do something that makes the telling of the story unique....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

Why not paint a six-panel version of "The Shining" in your own blood that can only be read in a mirror?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 31 January, 2010, 06:35:06 PM
Why not paint a six-panel version of "The Shining" in your own blood that can only be read in a mirror?

I wonder how abstract you could make it, if you really pushed it - a car on a mountian road, view of a hotel swathed in snow, REDRUM, "all work and no play" (over and over again), an axe head coming through a door and then perhaps an overhead shot of a maze with a frozen man in it. No words. All done in your own blood, of course.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Mike Gloady

Brilliant.  There you go.  That's your entry sorted then, Emp.

locustsofdeath!

Creating that in your own blood would be fantastic...but then you'd have to get rid of the color in order for it to qualify in the comp and no one would know it was blood...ooh, a wasted bloodletting is never good. Still, we must suffer for our art right?

Whew, writing the script for this was loads of fun - it was a challenge to cram multiple scenes in a single frame and combine characters and situations. Every panel is going to be packed with goings on! Bolt has taken on the art duties and I can't wait to see with what he comes up with.

Van Dom

Quote from: Emperor on 31 January, 2010, 08:37:41 PM

I wonder how abstract you could make it, if you really pushed it - a car on a mountian road, view of a hotel swathed in snow, REDRUM, "all work and no play" (over and over again), an axe head coming through a door and then perhaps an overhead shot of a maze with a frozen man in it. No words. All done in your own blood, of course.

I love it!
How about make the panels resemble the letters of REDRUM - so panel is an 'R' shape with the drawings within it, etc etc...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

mygrimmbrother

These ideas for The Shining are actually really good, apart from the blood thing.

The Legendary Shark

Okay, as Jaws seems pretty well covered I've written a script condensing the Lord of the Rings trilogy into six panels. Could I have a volunteer from the art world, please?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Lord of the Rings? That was the other script I've got an artist working on right now!!!  :o :o

Just kidding Shark...did I make you sweat for a sec?

Mike Gloady

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 01 February, 2010, 11:48:41 AM
These ideas for The Shining are actually really good, apart from the blood thing.
Thanks for so casually snubbing my input.  *sniff*

You could always make it LOOK like it'd been drawn in blood.  And blood dries to near black anyway.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 01 February, 2010, 12:23:08 PM
Lord of the Rings? That was the other script I've got an artist working on right now!!!  :o :o

Just kidding Shark...did I make you sweat for a sec?

Gaah!  Yes!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

This is really quite interesting- I'm up to my eyes in stuff anyway, but I said I'd have a go.

The creative back and forth for this is pretty swift- the short deadline really does sharpen the storytelling required.

I'd forgotten how much I love this film though.

The Legendary Shark

Ok, you've got mail...

*EDIT*  I got this wrong. Bolt was talking about an earlier commitment, so...

I still need an artist for this.

Anyone?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Ag- I've just read that back and have to apologise. It looks like I'm asking for Sharks script when I'm talking about the process on THING. Sorry Shark.

Here's a quick scribble i did yesterday...

Emperor

That is brilliant!!

Quote from: Van Dom on 01 February, 2010, 08:40:41 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 31 January, 2010, 08:37:41 PM

I love it!
How about make the panels resemble the letters of REDRUM - so panel is an 'R' shape with the drawings within it, etc etc...

Now this is an idea - except the panel layout is already defined, but I wonder if there is a way to do this within those restrictions... Like have the letters in the panel and turn everything within them negative? This has to be doable somehow. Presumably in Photoshop: turn the letters into a selection, copy the contents, paste them into a new layer and make them a negative. Where is that Campbell chappie when you need him???

Plus it frees up a panel!

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 01 February, 2010, 11:48:41 AM

Yes I had already decided to take a page from Chris Ofili's book but use my own poo, due to the lack of elephants near here.