Main Menu

Anyone good at crosswords?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 15 July, 2010, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Heads up, Tordelback, the new Viz is out and you have until the 4th to send in the crossword. Fifty pound prize - you could probably do with it.  ;)

Here's one to whet your appetite -

Ought to clinch desperately, as turtle's head makes contact with kecks (8, 5)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buttonman

JayzusB.Christ

Nice work, Button. You're not just a pretty Microsoft Paint job.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Zombie-thread time.

Help me to help you to help me.  I have one clue left in the Viz crossword, and I could win £50.  Which I need, since I've just gone way over my internet broadband limit and owe O2 a shitball of money.

Anyway:  19 across, 7 letters: 
17 a bowler like Flintoff?  _u_c_i_

(Bearing in mind that the answer to 17 down is 'FUCK'. It is Viz, after all.)

Tordelback? Anyone?

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Nice one, lad, I knew I could rely on you.  I'm pretty sure you're right, but I don't quite get it (maybe because I haven't a clue about cricket).  Obviously a quickie is a type of fuck but the Flintoff bit eludes me.

TordelBack

'Freddie' Flintoff, best English fast bowler of many years.

It's an affliction.

JayzusB.Christ

You're a genius.  Thanks, my good prof

JayzusB.Christ

When I win my fifty quid off Viz I'll stand you a pint.  Or three, if they're still doing 1.99 cask ales in Wetherspoons in Blackrock.