Main Menu

Missing from Zenith Phase IV? Could this go in?

Started by robert_ellis, 08 February, 2015, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Select mag sept 1992 - full page interview with Zenith written by Grant Morrison - new illustration by Steve Yeowell. I'll happily supply the original if needed! Any chance this could get in Phase four?

Colin YNWA

Never seen that. It would be great of it was added!

IndigoPrime

I imagine EMAP might want a pile of cash for the reprint though.

Molch-R

Thanks for the suggestion robert_ellis, though I'm afraid it's not something we'll be able to include.

robert_ellis

No worries Moloch-R. Thanks for these excellent books - really loving the spines & design.

Molch-R

Greg M.

Steve Green

I thought he'd been moonlighting as a ref model for Cliff...

Zenith 666

How did I not see that.Any news when Devlin is returning to the Prog or Med it's been far too long.

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 February, 2015, 04:08:15 PM
Thanks for the suggestion robert_ellis, though I'm afraid it's not something we'll be able to include.

What about the one-page Pop Profile that ran with Phase 1in the prog? Any chance of squeezing that in to the back of Phase IV at this late stage? I believe it wasn't included in the one-volume, and it is kind of cool in a Smash Hits way.

Molch-R

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 09 February, 2015, 07:54:20 PM

What about the one-page Pop Profile that ran with Phase 1in the prog? Any chance of squeezing that in to the back of Phase IV at this late stage? I believe it wasn't included in the one-volume, and it is kind of cool in a Smash Hits way.

No plans for that, I believe.

TordelBack

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 February, 2015, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 09 February, 2015, 07:54:20 PM

No plans for that, I believe.

Ehhnn, I have safety scissors and some prit-stick, I'll manage.

Thanks for the reply, Mr. M.

JayzusB.Christ

Could you possibly post the original interview?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

robert_ellis

Just found an app that converts text in photos so here's the start of The Think Thank Zenith Interview...

Isn't it a bit late to be "going baggy"? All that stuff is very 1990. Surely you'd be better off trying to be the next Nirvana?
Yeah, well, obviously what you're talking about is that interview they did with me for The South Bank Show, and if you'd half a brain in your head you'd have realised that when spoke to old Melvyn and his merry men it was 1990. Look at what I've got on: does this look "baggy" to you? (Zenith is wearing a Chevignon jacket, New Balance trainers, a normal Tshirt and Mambo shorts, covered in lots ofZs) As for Nirvana, can they punch through solid steel? I don't think so. When it comes down to it, everyone wishes they were me but nobody s going to be "the next Zenith". I'm a pop original, like Elvis, Jim Morrison, Johnny Rotten, Nick Heyward...

robert_ellis

Was it true about you and Sherilyn Fenn in the Roxbury nlghtclub (Reader's note: this is a club In Los Angeles where the stars go to cop off? Did Mickey Rourke really try to punch your lights out?

There's nothing to explain. I was just passing and l popped in to use the toilet and suddenly I'm surrounded by all these babes with silicone jobs and IQs that read like temperatures in Greenland. Some girl asked for my telephone number and gave me a felt pen, so I wrote the number of the Samaritans on her thigh and headed for the VIP lounge. That's when bumped into Sherilyn and asked her if she could explain the ending of Two Moon Junction to me. She'd something caught in the zip of her dress and I was trying to give her a hand when this midget with boxing gloves on came out of the crowd and took a swing at me. Obviously, he didn't recognise me and he didn't know about my super powers. He hit me and broke his wrist. I hit him and he woke up in Seattle. I didn't know it was Mickey Rourke until later. I quite like one of his films but I can't remember which one.

(More to follow...)