Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Oh... bollocks. Neil Peart, age 67. Glad I got to see him on Rush's final tour.  :'(

von Boom

Holy Grud! What shocking and terrible news. He was a legend. RIP.  :'(

rogue69

Rocky Johnson, WWE Hall of Famer and Father of Dwayne"the Rock" Johnson,  aged 75

rogue69

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

That's sad. I think a re-watch of Yes, Minister is in order. One of the best television shows ever, due in no small part to this terrific actor.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dark Jimbo

I think he was the last of the cast remaining to us, no? Proper end of an era.

My girlfriend's grandad was the Producer for Yes Minister/Prime Minister, among many other things (think he directed an episode or two as well?) We have the 1982 BAFTA sitting on our sideboard at home. I never met him, to my regret; I'd have had so many questions...!
@jamesfeistdraws

karlos

Basil Brush's Tweet genuinely set me off.

TordelBack

Yes, much as I loved Eddington and Hawthorne, it was the third more understated performance of that trio that made it all work so brilliantly. RIP Mr. Fowlds.

Great keepsake to have, Jimbo!

Rately

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 January, 2020, 01:09:03 PM
I think he was the last of the cast remaining to us, no? Proper end of an era.

My girlfriend's grandad was the Producer for Yes Minister/Prime Minister, among many other things (think he directed an episode or two as well?) We have the 1982 BAFTA sitting on our sideboard at home. I never met him, to my regret; I'd have had so many questions...!

Amazing.

I'm not sure of the Actor, but I seem to remember a Journalist conducting an interview with them discovering that they used their Oscar as a door stop for their downstairs bathroom!

von Boom

Gutted to hear about Fowlds. RIP.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Rately on 17 January, 2020, 02:00:16 PM
I'm not sure of the Actor, but I seem to remember a Journalist conducting an interview with them discovering that they used their Oscar as a door stop for their downstairs bathroom!

Can't speak for an Oscar, but the BAFTA is a ludicrously heavy thing!
@jamesfeistdraws

rogue69

Derek Fowlds used to stay at a hotel I used to work at in Leeds in the 90's when he was shooting Heartbeat he was always such a genuinely nice man to all the staff and any customer who recognised him. A true gent  a great lose

Richard

Ellie De Ville, lettering droid for three decades. (I know it's on another thread and in the prog, but I wanted to record it here.)

Dark Jimbo

The wonderful Terry Jones.  :(
@jamesfeistdraws