Main Menu

Are we all looking at the same photos here or what?

Started by Judge Cassidy, 09 February, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

The worst thing about the Stallone uniform/Hallowe'en costume is that it made Dredd look like he had never seen a single day on the streets -all shiny plastic and black stockings- and that he began each morning shining his gold plastic eagle, shin pads, helmet and theatrical codpiece before a day of poncing around with his best girlfriend Hershey.

Mardroid

Quote from: radiator on 09 February, 2011, 09:55:17 PM
Could you not have just posted this in one of the existing movie threads?

My (and probably many other boarder)'s thought too.

The main things important to me about this film are:
a) A good Dredd story.*
b) The helmet looks good and he keeps it on. (We've got this already.)
c) What we see of the cityscape looks good. Preferably somewhat reminiscent of the comics but that's not a big deal. A sense of bigness and a bit of futuristic stuff will do.

So far I haven't been over keen on the 'out of context' vehicles, and the body armour is a bit too bulky for my taste, but as long as we have the top points, a and b at least, I think I'll be happy. The bike... it's not the monster of the comics but it's fine with me.

*By that I don't expect a complicated plot. A good action movie and a Dredd story that wouldn't look out of place in the comics (in style and tone I mean, obviously the timeline and costumes are different).

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 February, 2011, 09:59:25 PM
The worst thing about the Stallone uniform/Hallowe'en costume is that it made Dredd look like he had never seen a single day on the streets -all shiny plastic and black stockings- and that he began each morning shining his gold plastic eagle, shin pads, helmet and theatrical codpiece before a day of poncing around with his best girlfriend Hershey.

it's truly hideous..as a Dredd fan I wince when I see it

If I wasn't a Dredd fan I have no idea what I'd make of it..he looks like he should be mincing around a gay fancy dress party taking down young boys particulars
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beeks on 09 February, 2011, 10:16:25 PM

If I wasn't a Dredd fan I have no idea what I'd make of it..he looks like he should be mincing around a gay fancy dress party taking down young boys particulars

Maybe that's what the OP Judge Cassidy likes about it.

Buddy

While the original post is clearly trying to antagonise everyone (and it would seem he has achieved this) I tend to agree that the Stallone film did look the part... The first 15 mins or so is great Dredd... the block war, the taxi flying over mega city in particular looked fantastic.

I liked the uniform, but would have liked a leather effect insted of the fabric leotard we got.. whatever the films faults, which are many, the design is not one of them.

People just gotta accept this is a different Dredd we're gettin here... I like the uniform and after being disgusted by the lawmaster I'm starting to accept that this is only a version of Dredd and I'm actually glad we got these leaked pics so early in the production.

It gives me a chance to mull them over and get an angle on what the film makers are going for... If the first time I seen that Lawmaster was while sitting in the cinema watching the film Id have probably quit then and there and condemed the film for ever after.

This guy is only looking for a reaction.... I'd suggest ignoring his coments and he'll soon get tired of posting them.

vzzbux

Yeh it really looks like the 60's bat bike.

Or is this what you are on about.

Or this

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

Dear Tharg, please can you fix it for me to be able to ignore the entire "Film Discussion" sub-forum?
We never really die.

SuperSurfer

Great codpiece!

Very impressive costume that is faithful to the (Lawman of the future) comic.

strontium71

Wow , Yvonne Craig - another of my childhood crushes . Used to love it when on the 60's Batman opening credits , she'd ride by on her bike meaning she'd be in that episode!
...because I hate you.

Judge Cassidy

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 09 February, 2011, 10:33:21 PM
While the original post is clearly trying to antagonise everyone (and it would seem he has achieved this)

This guy is only looking for a reaction

Couldn't be more wrong, actually. I had the option of posting separate posts in the separate threads (bike, uniform etc) or starting my own thread which I ACTUALLY hoped would serve a double purpose of a) letting me hear from other people who don't like the new look, as I figured I can't be the only one, and b) hearing proper arguments as to why those of you who do like the new stuff actually do. Sadly, a lot of the arguments FOR the new look seem to be a pure and simple case of 'It's not the Stallone one so it's automatically better'...which to be honest is what I sort of expected. This new uniform is, IMH, even more 'radically different from the comic in a bad way' than Stallone's was, but no, that doesn't matter because HURR WE HATE THE STALLONE ONE SO ANYTHING ELSE IS GOOD REGARDLESS

::)
In this city, Justice comes at a price- that price is FREEDOM!

vzzbux

So, The lycra suit, the cod piece, the half arsed helmet design (Which didn't stay on long) and the tacked plastic gold shoulder pads were testament to Dredd?

V
Drokking since 1972

strontium71

...because I hate you.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Judge Cassidy on 09 February, 2011, 10:44:08 PMCouldn't be more wrong, actually. I had the option of posting separate posts in the separate threads (bike, uniform etc) or starting my own thread which I ACTUALLY hoped would serve a double purpose of a) letting me hear from other people who don't like the new look, as I figured I can't be the only one, and b) hearing proper arguments as to why those of you who do like the new stuff actually do.

So you ignored the other threads with pages and pages of discussion/argument over the bike and the hundereds of pages devoted to the uniform that would answer the above?

Quote from: Judge Cassidy on 09 February, 2011, 10:44:08 PMSadly, a lot of the arguments FOR the new look seem to be a pure and simple case of 'It's not the Stallone one so it's automatically better'...which to be honest is what I sort of expected. This new uniform is, IMH, even more 'radically different from the comic in a bad way' than Stallone's was, but no, that doesn't matter because HURR WE HATE THE STALLONE ONE SO ANYTHING ELSE IS GOOD REGARDLESS

If you think any of this is true you obviously haven't even bothered looking at the established threads and you're otherwise wasting our time trolling for your own sake.

Judge Cassidy

The shoulder pads on the Stallone one were pretty damn good, unlike these new low profile ones. And the cod piece sort of made sense, okay so he never had one in the comic but are you telling me the Big Meg's perps have never tried to kick a Judge in the goolies? ;)

I agree, the new helmet is better than in the Stallone version, but that doesn't make up for the rest of the uniform being totally wrong
In this city, Justice comes at a price- that price is FREEDOM!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972