Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwertyburger

Also the books seem to be showing up as low on stock/out of stock whilst there going out to subscribers which for the current mess will be taking ages. The books I got this month were 37 & 38 which a lot of people got ages ago and I subscribed when the Horned God was in the shops I've just not made a fuss because I'm not really that fussed about when I get the books. Looking through the website I see a lot of the ultimate collection that's been out of stock at one point back in stock now.

IndigoPrime

My guess is these books are on sale or return. And so when stockists can't shift them, they have the option to send them back, which then replenishes the stock on the Hachette website. Fulfilment to subscribers is presumably taken into account throughout. (If Hachette started saying "sorry, but we ran out" to subscribers, that would be the end of partworks.)

sheridan

Speaking of physical shops, as IP did - I had a jaunt around Mega-City Comics, Gosh!, Orbital and Forbidden Planet on Saturday and didn't see any volumes in any of those shops (and only one or two volumes of JD Mega-Collection in FP).  So I resorted to the Hachette website, discovered I was a few days off of all four volumes of Nem being available (I'd actually only been looking for Volume 1) and practiced patience :-)

sheridan

p.s. Volume 4 is now out of stock - wonder if that's because I mentioned it being low?  Feeling that Owen Krysler prediction quandary :-)

Fungus

Quote from: sheridan on 27 March, 2019, 02:35:42 PM
p.s. Volume 4 is now out of stock - wonder if that's because I mentioned it being low?  Feeling that Owen Krysler prediction quandary :-)

Eek! No good deed...  :-\

These (perhaps temporary...) Out Of Stock messages have affected my own cherry-picking policy, recently. Nem. vol. 4 arrived from FP this morning, at least. Where Hachette is concerned, assume the worst!

IndigoPrime

Orbital told me they could get the Transformers series in and do generally order that. So that's perhaps an option. But I'd strongly advise people who want specific issues to start ordering them from somewhere, rather than chancing it.

Tomontherun94

I'm convinced now that corrected copies of issue 1 don't actually exist. Second replacement was, once again, a standard retail version with the wrong spine. At this point it barely seems worth asking for another just for one tiny section of the spine.

IndigoPrime

The spine's all over the place anyway. I rather wish they'd ditch the spine art on these collections, and have have really nice spines that say what the stories are inside. Yes, that'd probably lead to more cherry-picking, but it'd be better for the reader.

Tomontherun94

Yeah. Perfect compromise would be the titles of each vol on the spine, no big artwork piece, but keep the numbers at the top. At least all the Marvel and 2000ad collections have lovely commissioned artwork unlike the Transformers one, just a bunch of stock Dreamwave artwork thrown together.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 28 March, 2019, 12:13:35 PM
Yeah. Perfect compromise would be the titles of each vol on the spine, no big artwork piece, but keep the numbers at the top. At least all the Marvel and 2000ad collections have lovely commissioned artwork unlike the Transformers one, just a bunch of stock Dreamwave artwork thrown together.
Nothing appeared here either since they said it was going to be sent. Why were people saying they got one attached to their regular retail issue then.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 28 March, 2019, 12:13:35 PMYeah. Perfect compromise would be the titles of each vol on the spine, no big artwork piece, but keep the numbers at the top.
I keep wondering if there's a home-brew option: design and print some spines to stick on to existing volumes. But I suspect there's nothing that's waterproof and that wouldn't frankly look a bit shite.

robert_ellis

I'm planning on getting the 4 nemesis books rebound as one omnibus. Leeds based Hollingworth & Moss cost about £27 for a hardcover printed book. They send you sizes and you can send your own artwork. Postage is extra but I've been really pleased with previous bindings. Adele who oversees new business is friendly. Highly recommended.

Mattofthespurs

I 2nd the Hollingworth and Moss route.

They are quality binders.

Dandontdare

ooh, that's a nice idea - I'm thinking a 3 volume (9 book) Dante collection...

The Monarch

geez you could kill someone with those custom omnibi :lol: