Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

yep that's going to piss me off too. I'm not too bothered about more figurines to dust but I'd have gone for it for covers volumes.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Fungus on 24 January, 2018, 09:14:56 AM
While subscribing means dodgy/owned volumes

Does it?

I subscribe to 6 different partwork book collections and all mine are in excellent condition and shrink wrapped.

For me subscribing means I get every issue delivered to my door once a month and never have to scrabble around newsagents or haunting eBay for difficult to find issues.

IndigoPrime

Probably means dodgy/owned, respectively, in terms of low-quality content/already owned books.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 January, 2018, 11:47:08 AM
Probably means dodgy/owned, respectively, in terms of low-quality content/already owned books.

Ah, with you mow.

Fair enough.

The Mega Collection has had it's fair share of dogs.

abelardsnazz

An answer to a question on Facebook states that Slaine: The High King will be issue 40, volume 33. On the assumptions that the High in the title refers to two post-Horned God stories from a yearbook and a poster prog, and that the rest of Slaine will be released in order as per Strontium Dog, Dante etc., that suggests there will only be 3 more Slaine volumes before issue 40, making the back 40 issues extremely Slaine-heavy. I guess those still buying it at that point will be in it for the long haul, but it would have been nice to spread the warped one out a bit.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 January, 2018, 12:36:30 PM
An answer to a question on Facebook states that Slaine: The High King will be issue 40, volume 33. On the assumptions that the High in the title refers to two post-Horned God stories from a yearbook and a poster prog, and that the rest of Slaine will be released in order as per Strontium Dog, Dante etc., that suggests there will only be 3 more Slaine volumes before issue 40, making the back 40 issues extremely Slaine-heavy. I guess those still buying it at that point will be in it for the long haul, but it would have been nice to spread the warped one out a bit.

Maybe "extremely" was a bit extreme - 5 volumes in first 40, 8 the last - I'm sure I'll cope.

JamesC

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 January, 2018, 12:45:45 PM

Maybe "extremely" was a bit extreme - 5 volumes in first 40, 8 the last - I'm sure I'll cope.

You might even enjoy them.

Grumpy Andrew

Do you think that's too many?

Tomwe

Ongoing FB discussion on the content of the first three Slaine volume has produced the following:

29- SLAINE VOL 1 The Time Monster; The Beast in the Broch; The Beltain Giant; Warrior's Dawn; Bride of Crom; Creeping Death; Bull Dance; Heroes' Blood; The Shoggey Beast; Sky Chariots

30- SLAINE VOL 2 Dragonheist; Time Killer; Battle of Clontarf

31- SLAINE VOL 3 Tomb of Terror; The Spoils of Annwn; Slaine the King; The Killing Field; Mini-Series

Pretty much tallies with existing Rebellion books. Slaine Vol 1 is due in April.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Grumpy Andrew on 25 January, 2018, 06:55:59 PM

Do you think that's too many?

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

I think I may have protested too much, I'm really enjoying the collection.

Quote from: Tomwe on 26 January, 2018, 11:10:00 AM
Ongoing FB discussion on the content of the first three Slaine volume has produced the following:

29- SLAINE VOL 1 The Time Monster; The Beast in the Broch; The Beltain Giant; Warrior's Dawn; Bride of Crom; Creeping Death; Bull Dance; Heroes' Blood; The Shoggey Beast; Sky Chariots

30- SLAINE VOL 2 Dragonheist; Time Killer; Battle of Clontarf

31- SLAINE VOL 3 Tomb of Terror; The Spoils of Annwn; Slaine the King; The Killing Field; Mini-Series

Pretty much tallies with existing Rebellion books. Slaine Vol 1 is due in April.

Contents listing makes these volumes all around the same length as The Horned God, presuming Tomb of Terror will include the game pages too. Be interesting to read those again, perhaps they'll be some commentary on the conception of those and Dice Man at the time.

Also hoping for the all Dice Man stories to be reprinted in the collection as I recall some stunning art in those - Bryan Talbot's on Torquemada and John Ridgway on the Dice Man to name but two.

The Monarch

if we ain't getting starlord stront i doubt we'll get anything from diceman

James Stacey

Quote from: The Monarch on 26 January, 2018, 12:48:42 PM
if we ain't getting starlord stront i doubt we'll get anything from diceman
Diceman was a 2000ad spinoff so falls under the same banner which Starlord didn't so it it at least possible filler.

robert_ellis

I really hope the Nemesis stories from Diceman are included...

Magnetica

The Rebellion Demon Killer TPB includes the Slaine Diceman story.

The Torquemada Diceman story is in one of the Rebellion Nemesis TPBs.

So I'm guessing there is no rights reason to exclude them, it would be more a matter of page count(?) as to whether they get included.

Did the Dredd Diceman story turn up in the Mega Collection? (I don't think so but I don't have all the volumes).