Main Menu

Thomas Jane makes Punisher fan film....

Started by Buddy, 16 July, 2012, 06:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Goaty

Yes in Marvel thread, cheers for spoiler it to new people.

Buddy

Oh right.... I wasn't aware it was a Marvel film.... didn't notice the Marvel logo. Must have been at the very end.

My bad.

BTW... Spoiler how?

JOE SOAP

Tiplodocus

I think the spoiler is because, in theory, you aren't meant to know that it's a Punisher film until you see the t-shirt.

Like someone told me there was a great [spoiler]Terminator 2[/spoiler] joke in Wayne's World 2; instantly spoiling the joke.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goaty on 16 July, 2012, 06:04:40 PM
Yes in Marvel thread, cheers for spoiler it to new people.

Well I wouldn't have seen it there, and the youtube comments are pretty much all spoilers anyway.

Thanks for the link Buddy.
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Cheers Buddy - that was excellent - Ron Pearlman too!

Doesn't look like it's a Marvel product anyway - I've got a Dredd t-shirt doesn't mean I'm Judge Dredd.

Or does it?

Daveycandlish

Show us your chin in profile and we'll let you know Buttonman
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Keef Monkey

I found this really cool, Jane didn't star in the best Punisher movie in my eyes (War Zone takes that particular biscuit) but he is one of my favorite actors and he always spoke with a lot of passion and genuine enthusiasm for the comics (and comics in general, isn't there mention in the Meg this month that he got Chris Weston his break in Hollywood?). I got a bit of a thrill seeing him reprise the role, he's on my Cool Guy list for sure.

Buttonman

judgeblake

As far as I know Jane took it upon himself with some pals and a fan or two in tow (Perlman included) to make this short and offer it up to comiccon - may I say this (from the reports I've heard) was without marvel's permission and the short also features soundtrack score that comes from The Dark Knight in DCs domain.

I loved this short though. I did like Ray Stevenson as Punisher and I think thats the best Punisher film to date- but I have always liked Tomas Jane for some reason and would put him in the role of Wolverine if he bulked up abit and if Jackman were to hang up the mask and claws.  would love a film to be made off the back of interest surrounding the short and have a gritty Punisher film. The film could start out as a sort of vigilante movie reminiscent of Death Wish or harry Brown and turn into a superhero movie with the full lair, gizmos and uber-badguy. Perlman would be a great element to add to a prospective Punisher cast too!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Buttonman on 16 July, 2012, 10:32:32 PM
Quote from: Daveycandlish on 16 July, 2012, 10:05:33 PM
Show us your chin in profile and we'll let you know Buttonman

This needs to be in the Cosplay thread. That's the best Arseface I've ever seen.
We never really die.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Im loving that link, thanks Buddy. I didnt think he made that bad a job on the [spoiler]Punisher [/spoiler]Movie.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

hoops

Quote from: judgeblake on 17 July, 2012, 12:48:35 AM

I loved this short though. I did like Ray Stevenson as Punisher and I think thats the best Punisher film to date- but I have always liked Tomas Jane for some reason and would put him in the role of Wolverine if he bulked up abit and if Jackman were to hang up the mask and claws.  would love a film to be made off the back of interest surrounding the short and have a gritty Punisher film. The film could start out as a sort of vigilante movie reminiscent of Death Wish or harry Brown and turn into a superhero movie with the full lair, gizmos and uber-badguy. Perlman would be a great element to add to a prospective Punisher cast too!

Yep :)

Heath C Ackley

I could see this as a TV series, gritty as fuck like the Sopranos or Oz and with a bigger body count than The Walking Dead!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."