Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: norton canes on 08 March, 2019, 02:22:13 PM
As long as he's writing more Kingdom too...

Yes more Kingdom as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 08 March, 2019, 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 March, 2019, 07:42:16 AM
So stoked to see that the next Brink is already being worked on according to 'Thrills of the future' in the latest Thrillmail - all that talk (by Dan Abnett as I recall - possibly badly) of the third story being a conclusion has gone - which the end of the last book strongly suggested - WAYHEY!
You've basically admitted that you don't read the letters page here! Buttonman will be furious.

Wait but I do...Well Tharg's answers anyway - they're the good bits right.

When did I miss this?

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 08 March, 2019, 07:06:44 PM
It was in prog 2119

Wow it it was - I missed that and clearly hadn't read the letters page. I throw myself at Buttonman's mercy and beg forgiveness from The Beast.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

gameluvah

Bleeding Cool had June solits up!
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/22/2000ad-tammy-jinty-rebellion-june-solicitations/

Lots of good stuff! Tammy and Jinty Special! Thistlebone finally hits the prog! Sci-Fi special pays tribute to Carlos Ezquerra! Lawless and Torture Garden finales in the Meg! All this and some interesting collections. June looks like a pretty good month!

broodblik

Also to debut in June is Thistlebone and Absalom is also due to return. June looks like a good month as gameluvah said

MacabreMagpie

For those who enjoyed Laura Bailey's take on DeMarco in the Summer Special last year, Tharg's given permission to share a sneak peek of the series we've created for the Judge Dredd Megazine which should be starting in July.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time that Thought Bubble competition winners (we both won in 2017) have been paired up for a series so it'll be interesting to see how this is received!

DrJomster

Excellent! Looking forward to it! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

gameluvah

Quote from: MacabreMagpie on 30 March, 2019, 10:17:24 AM
For those who enjoyed Laura Bailey's take on DeMarco in the Summer Special last year, Tharg's given permission to share a sneak peek of the series we've created for the Judge Dredd Megazine which should be starting in July.

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time that Thought Bubble competition winners (we both won in 2017) have been paired up for a series so it'll be interesting to see how this is received!

Looking forward to it! Both of you did great work in the special!

MacabreMagpie

DaNi drew the DeMarco strip in the special (Laura and I did a Future Shock last year) but cheers, both! It's a treat getting to work in black and white. 

Bolt-01

You always worked in black and white for me... how soon they forget...

You raise a droid, forge its chips with neglect and rejection; watch it grow, develop and finally leave you...

##sniff##

In all honesty- looking forward to seeing this.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've just bumped into Mr Dan Abnett, while walking back to the car in Eastbourne, and after a) being shocked he recognised me,  b) introducing him to my wife and c) fanboy gushing at him for a bit, I had it confirmed to my actual face that Grey Area isn't over, The Out isn't connected to it, and SiniDex continues. The third was for my own peace of mind because I live in fear of it ending, and the first two were because my slightly panicked mind knew you lot were concerned. I completely forgot to mention Kingdom or Lawless to him, but fear I may have ended up just crying, so I'm kind of glad.
SBT

broodblik

Thanks for the info SBT. Glad to hear that Grey Area is not done. A pity about Kingdom but at least we will get another story from him

Link Prime

Some good news there...Abnett is the Adamantium laced to the Prog's skeleton.