Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Festina

And now the sketches. As a writing type person, I only have paper with lines in it and scrappy bits of card - hence the presentation:

I am the Paw! courtesy of Dunk!:

Fresh from Fractal Fiction, a Jim Campbell special:

El Chivo's menacing take on Judge Death:

What Kerrin really looks like:

The original, ultimate Dredd, by newcomer Olly (the boy's got talent):

From the same artist, essence of Superman:

Dredd by Timson (bit cheeky posting this as he abandoned it halfway through, dissatisfied with progress):

Fester's Dredd:

And last but not least, the ultimate Zombo, featuring the work of KevLev, My Grimm Brother, Kerrin, Fester, Matt Timson, Olly, Jim Campbell, Satchmo and yours truly (I am responsible for the teeth being out of line with the rest of the face):

locustsofdeath!

Wait, wait - you had to go all the way to a comic convention for Fester to sketch you a Dredd?!?

Lady Festina

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 19 October, 2010, 10:09:54 PM
Wait, wait - you had to go all the way to a comic convention for Fester to sketch you a Dredd?!?

I think he was getting sketch envy because I was asking everyone else and not him  ;)

uncle fester

Quote from: Lady Festina on 19 October, 2010, 10:06:46 PM

The sketch of the convention, as far as I'm concerned.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: uncle fester on 19 October, 2010, 11:11:42 PM
Quote from: Lady Festina on 19 October, 2010, 10:06:46 PM

The sketch of the convention, as far as I'm concerned.

It would look good on a T shirt.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Kerrin

Quote from: Matt Timson on 20 October, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
That was Dunk Nimmo?  Balls!

You were sat next to him at the The Big Wok Matt, sheesh.  ::)

Nice fella Dunk, and his comic stuff is class. My favorite of his I've read so far was the one in Dogbreath where Johnny and Wulf outwit the Cactus Gang. Brilliant.

Matt Timson

Nobody introduced me and, being the shy and retiring type, I didn't think to introduce myself.  Plus, I really only had eyes for Ben.
Pffft...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I'm extremely jealous of you all. Looks like you had a fantastic time and hopefully I'll be able to make it over next year.

Dunk!

Quote from: Matt Timson on 20 October, 2010, 09:17:54 PM
That was Dunk Nimmo?  Balls!

Yeah, my failure to introduce myself was a result of nerves and general crapness on my behalf.

Plus a sudden rush of real in-the-flesh boarders to try and remember.
"Trust we"

Matt Timson

Don't worry- I didn't introduce myself either- so we're even. :D
Pffft...

LARF

Finally got some free time to say thanks to everyone I met at BICS for probably the best convention I've been to... ever! So here goes:

Thanks to Bolt-01 for hosting the Futurequake table and having it evolve into the meeting point for every board member that attended. Lost, lonely, just fancy a chat - head over to Futurequake everyone's there. Also for organising a great feast on the Saturday night - Big Wok is what it says on the tin, BIG WOK - arsom!

Kerrin for being a very entertaining drinking and comics buddy throughout the weekend

Commando Forces for some very entertaining war stories

El Chivo - if I had sat next to you in the Ross interview I would have worn the Zombo mask, classic idea and thanks for the drunken ramblings on Saturday, very funny

Matt Timson - we finally met after all these years and you're not as fat as I thought you were, whilst in my case I'm probably fatter, hope all goes well with the tights!

Dunc Nimmo - for all things computer game related and being an excellent smoking partner, we are quite literally a 'dying breed'.

Kevin Levell - for just being arsom, and a great artist you will go far Kev!

PJ Holden for making a nine year old boy very happy when he got handed his very own Judge Dredd sketch drawn by a Judge Dredd artist! Also for drawing my 16 year old a soldier only for him to say (and I told you so PJ) that it's not a bad SA80 but he's missed a few bits.

Satchmo - for eating loads, and drawing a hilarious Spine Chillers special - only Thought Bubble left

Jim Campbell - finally met the Illustrator and lettering Maestro. Sir, you are a legend and a letteropaedia when it comes to comicbooks, Todd Klein eh?

well met Lady Festina, I am now mortified that the production co. have stopped making 'In the Night Garden', and your other half Fester - I'm sorry I called you 'sick' after reading the Death Special and I know you didn't write it but the Fire story really did freak me out...

Also everyone else: Colin McNeil, My Grimmbrother, Dandon'tdare, Stacey etc. etc. etc. and sorry if I missed anyone off.

Brilliant weekend, roll on next year!

Steven Sterlacchini

Endor Justice Department.

Back stage, Hollywood Heroes have some fun with the Judge costumes at BICS.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me