Main Menu

rogue trooper game

Started by joepineapples3000a, 29 October, 2006, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I played half a dozen levels on teh XBOX and thought it was pretty good, But then my usual gaming apathy hit.

I hardly ever make it all the way to the end of a game no matter how ggod.

Goldeneye on N64. Advance Wars 1, 2 and DS, Rebelstar and (soon) Zelda Twilight Princess being honourable exceptions.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Was reading yet another 360 mag which was recommending games in an "If you like Gears you'll like..." sort of way. It said that Rogue did "Everything Gears does and more" which I couldn't agree with more. As a single player campaign Rogue was at least thrice as good as Gears.

Radbacker

"As a single player campaign Rogue was at least thrice as good as Gears."  well if the Graphics were up with it maybe, single player but nothing can match that sublime co-op mode in Gears.

CU Radbacker

Bico

I found Gears to be a bit slow, to be honest, as opposed to turning a corner or something in Rogue and dropping dead from sniper fire, or because I haven't been paying attention to his health - I'm busy drinking fizzy pop, god damn you!
There is more to Rogue Trooper's gameplay, what with the salvage system, Gunnar's many tricks (using him as a free-standing gun turret while you flank Norty is a favourite tactic, if tricky to pull off), and the holo-decoy Rogue.

ThryllSeekyr

I really don't think that Gunnar on a stick contraption would work in real life.

Noisybast

Yeah, now you come to mention it, I'm not 100% convinced defeating an entire army single-handedly would work in real life, either.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Byron Virgo

Come to think of it, I don't reckon that a blue-skinned, test tube-born, genetic disco warrior with no nads would actually work in real life.

Bico

According to the geniuses Fleetway hired to develop their characters for tv and film, the concept would be much more realistic if he was grey.

Tweak72

Gyro stabilisers in sniper mode
BRILLIANT!
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

ThryllSeekyr

I have no problem with the blue skin colour because that doesn't really mean anything to me and as far as I know it's never really been explained.

Though, I have to agree with NoiseyBasts that Rogues single handedness is beyond belief.

It's what I meant posting on sixth post of
the first page of this thread when commenting after first playing this game.

It's either the programers or the storey designers that made it really stand out how ridiculously outnumbered and over powered Rogue really is. With the Norts only attacking him in controlled waves that he can easily over come with his superior weaponry. The Hoppers the ponce around instead of doing anything more effectivley dangerous.

What about the landing platforms that Rogue can sabotage to stop the Hoppers from redeploying their Norts?  

I think if they meant buisness, then they could possible do that anywhere.

Though, alot of games are like that under microscope.  

I think what it comes down to is that game play or game realism hasn't been as well developed as game graphics. That is true for alot of games these days.

Don't get me wrong, it's great game. I love playing this and perhaps I shouldn't complain about how the Norts seemingly invite Rogue to walk all over them as I am still having problems beating the Hovertrain level.

But the point I was makeing was that how does Gunnar stay upright when he's left standing like that. Surely the recoil would knock it off it's stand.

A sneaky Nort could crawl up to it and tip it over while it's shooting his buddies.

Too me thsi a more obvious oversite than the colour of his skin or the fact that he's always outnumbered.

Richmond Clements

But the point I was makeing was that how does Gunnar stay upright when he's left standing like that.

Magic.

Noisybast

Bagman - Dispense sarcasm filters!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pyroxian

>I think what it comes down to is that game play
>or game realism hasn't been as well developed
>as game graphics. That is true for alot of
>games these days.

Yes, but there's a reason for that. Realism isn't fun. If games were realistic, you'd constantly die within the first minute of the very boring level you were playing on.

Steve

Richmond Clements

Funnily enough, I was thinking that playing Call of Duty last night.
I got shot, and all I had to do was run around the corner and hide for a moment until the red went away (You'll know what I mean if you've played).
But thank grud this is the case, or else the game would last about two seconds.

Tweak72

Gunner has auto fire abilities and in the game you get Gyro stabilisers in sniper mode the same gyros (though never actually referred to in the comic) that I am sure would give Gunner stability when free standing and even some limited movement. Right up until he got regened with telekinetic abilities

Heavy Weather by Bruce Sterling reefers to a man who in an attempt to combat his skin cancer (which is epidemic in the book because the ozone is gone) has had a treatment to his skin that makes him a darkish blue the treatment is suppose to protect him from the high UV levels
so the blue skin may be UV risistant
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++