Main Menu

Anyone for Mornington Crescent?

Started by SamuelAWilkinson, 14 January, 2009, 01:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Why would you do such a thing you MONSTER? You've crossed the line. We can't ever go back now. I hope it was worth it.

Cockfosters.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

Damn...DAMN!!!

It's a vain hope but...Earls' Court?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Roger Godpleton

Well you could have had Kensington High Street, Covent Garden or possibly even blagged Holborn from that position but now you've allowed me to play Russell Square.

Bouwel

Urgh...it just goes from bad to worse for me. The only option I can see is

Northolt and invoke the bunker-buster side slip matrix.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TordelBack

While you two should have been getting a room, I've been flicking through the transcripts of the '97 final, which played out a lot like this game... in its early stages.  However, as pointed out at the time the whole competition could have been over far sooner and with an entirely different result if only someone had tried a follow-on leapfrog.  Such as...

Embankment.

Bouwel

Damn...that's Mornington Crescent!

Anyone for Numberwang now?

-Bouwel-

TordelBack

Nah, I could never figure out how you played that one.

Roger Godpleton

I would like to challenge that play. If you watch this video you will quite clearly see why I am objecting.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DE07TxU1V ... re=related

Bouwel

Hmm...I see your point. What would your suggested course of action be then?

-Bouwel-

TordelBack

Oh very good, fancy yourself as a right little Mrs. Trellis, don't you?  Go on then, I'll bite:  how would you have played it?

Roger Godpleton

Well first of all I would use a quebrada, but if you somehow dodged then I would be forced to bust out a Shining Wizard.

Bouwel

I can see I am dealing with a master player here where as I only dabble in the Circle Line.

-Bouwel-

Grant Goggans

Well, as Kensington High Street was not used earlier, I will claim Norell's Privilege under the 1992 McKennit Rules and take it.

Kerrin

If I didn't know better I'd say that some of the competitors are exercising previously discredited modes of play.

Perivale.

Roger Godpleton

Unfortunately as Grant is the 100th anglophile to play we have to start all over again at 0.

Baker Street. Do-doo-do-diddle-diddle-do.