Main Menu

Meg 371 - Clouded Judgement

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 16 April, 2016, 05:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Ruh

Thank heavens for the return of Lawless as, over the last few months, I've genuinely found nothing in the Meg to remind me why I still read it - brilliantly drawn characters, both in terms of artwork and writing. And, after the muddy mess of The Gyre, Flint's work on Dredd brings a welcome return to clarity of storytelling.

AlexF

I'm always surprised at how divisive the Meg can be. I'm with Link Prime, all four stories are top notch right now. Dust I think is my favourite of the movie Dredds (I'm also mildly curious - is someone having a dig at Rochard Stanley by borrowing from his film Dust Devil, just as he 'borrowed' from 2000AD for his film Hardware??).
Lawless, as everyone agrees, is ace. As is Carroll/Flint on Dredd.
Realm of the Damned is exactly what I asked for - loving it! It's lost a little of the verve of the opening episode, but remains unlike anything I've seen before.

But I echo the call for more Thargnotes pushing people to earlier episodes. I'd also be keen for someone on this board to provide a run down of all current / former Fargo / Dredd clones out there. I've lost track!

Art

No dig at Richard Stanley intended.

I do think a Hardware crossover would be pretty great though. 

Jacqusie

Quote from: AlexF on 13 May, 2016, 12:29:49 PM
Dust I think is my favourite of the movie Dredds

Sorry I've only just got round to finishing Dust and I agree, it's been by far the best Movie world Dredd so far. I think that maybe it removed dredd into the familiar setting of the Cursed earth and alongside a mutant /supernatural type story gave it some substance.

I've found the City a little hard to relate to in general in the movie Dredd and it seems a little inaccessable as a reader... maybe due to the weight of history in favour of the regular cup of Joe.

I also agree the Meg has been a difficult read over 2016 (DeMarco anyone?) and I don't think Blunt helps this any, but Dredd has picked up in both guises which is always handy...