Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

I'm not sure if I should be as happy about the existence of this as I am. Should evil dictators be used to sell chicken? On the other hand it's damn funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnL5oUePM8

JayzusB.Christ

I finally have my houseboat bought, moored in place (exactly where I want it - surrounded by trees, hills and fields, near a train station and pub, and not too far from the city), wired to electricity and furnished.  After years of alternating between being homeless and sharing miserable flats with people I barely know, I have a home at last.  I spent last night on the canal lying back with a glass of whiskey and the Strontium Dog film on the laptop.  Not a bad setup.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Fantastic, JBC, you've certainly earned it and I'm quite jealous - but in a good way. Are you running off leisure batteries and solar panels or mains?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 29 May, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
I finally have my houseboat bought, moored in place (exactly where I want it - surrounded by trees, hills and fields, near a train station and pub, and not too far from the city), wired to electricity and furnished.  After years of alternating between being homeless and sharing miserable flats with people I barely know, I have a home at last.  I spent last night on the canal lying back with a glass of whiskey and the Strontium Dog film on the laptop.  Not a bad setup.

So when's the housewarming party? :D :D

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 May, 2017, 11:10:32 AM
Fantastic, JBC, you've certainly earned it and I'm quite jealous - but in a good way. Are you running off leisure batteries and solar panels or mains?

Thanks Sharky. I'm running off batteries which are charged by the diesel engine. I have a generator too if i need the sockets but in the meantime I can charge my laptop and phone off the fag lighter so all is good.

Supreme: I've had three mini ones already. Mad shit, I've been sharing an apartment for a year and a half and had only two visitors there, whereas I've already had plenty in just a couple of weeks on the boat. The big party is when my mates Spider, Razors, Hatchet and Bladesy get out, so I'll give you a shout then 😉
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Of the utmost importance when selecting a place to live. Congtrats on the new living arrangements JBC! :)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 29 May, 2017, 02:44:52 PM

Of the utmost importance when selecting a place to live. Congtrats on the new living arrangements JBC! :)

Damn straight.  No shops for a mile but who cares when you've got booze?  (Also, it just happens to be one of my favourite pubs around.)

The Legendary Shark

When I was on the canal boat, some other boaters ran half their stuff off solar panels and swore by them. If/when I get to build my own cabin I'll be going solar/wind - f**k the grid! :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Was walking home from the gym tonight (11pm, I go late when the place is empty, otherwise I get in trouble for swearing) when some drunk young person yells something at me from a passing car. However since it was the back of a police car he yelled from there wasn't much left to do.

It's kind of a shame because as soon as I heard drunk childish yelling that I knew was aimed at me because I was the only person on the street I was well up for it, but when I saw the Jam Sandwich it was an equal measure of disappointment and hilarity.

Probably for the best, I'm getting too old  :D

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Moving house is stressful, but now I'm a homowner and I finally got a great big box of internet today. Normal shiteposting will resume henceforth.
You may quote me on that.

Link Prime

Quote from: Mister Pops on 31 May, 2017, 10:23:18 PM
Moving house is stressful, but now I'm a homowner and I finally got a great big box of internet today. Normal shiteposting will resume henceforth.

You can never rely on pub Wifi!

Congrats to both you and JBC on your new homes.

Life is sometimes sort of o.k because...

I'm without a car at the moment. And I live near a small village (I say small, there's no petrol station or post office) which means I had to do my shopping at the village convenience shop. Since choice was limited lunch this week is ham, cheese and crisp sandwiches. Which I haven't had in years. And are bloody good as it happens.

So on the downside I miss the choice and cheapness a supermarket offers, on the other hand lunch this week is more enjoyable than usual.

TordelBack

Good to hear Jayzus is going one better than his namesake and actually sleeping on water too. Congrats lad, long deserved.

Proudhuff

The sun's out, I finish 'work' at two and am heading off to the Leith Jazz and Blues Festival in various pubs in EH6/7. I'm meeting a crowd of wimmin of a certain age... what could possibly go wrong?  ;)
DDT did a job on me