Main Menu

Best one and done strips?

Started by marko10174, 12 August, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Second City Blues tried so hard to bring future sports back to the Prog. I kept waiting for its return. At least Kek-W is killing it with Deadworld right now.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2017, 01:55:18 AM
Meet Darren Dead

That had a three-part sequel about a venegful phantom panda. I think there was probably intended to be even more.
@jamesfeistdraws

Woolly

Yup, Second City Blues was a top thrill. Would love to read more, or at the very least have Warren Pleece back in the prog.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Woolly on 13 August, 2017, 04:07:35 PM
... or at the very least have Warren Pleece back in the prog.

As ever Wooly should be listened to!

marko10174

Thanks for the recommendations creeps! by one and done, I also meant strips that only have one graphic novel to their name.

hippynumber1

I quite enjoyed Bad City Blue which is, as far as I know, the only full (multi-part) strip that Robin Smith got to draw.

The Adventurer

Quote from: marko10174 on 14 August, 2017, 03:26:50 PM

Thanks for the recommendations creeps! by one and done, I also meant strips that only have one graphic novel to their name.

That.... is quite a different question in the context of 2000 AD. You can call Flesh 'one and done' in that context.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: The Adventurer on 14 August, 2017, 07:42:03 PM
Quote from: marko10174 on 14 August, 2017, 03:26:50 PM

That.... is quite a different question in the context of 2000 AD. You can call Flesh 'one and done' in that context.

If we're only talking physical books then 'The Red Seas' would qualify, even though that's had numerous digital collection.

Dash Decent

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2017, 01:55:18 AM

Harry Twenty

I was really hoping that one-off reprise that appeared in the FCBD prog a few years back would turn into something.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Ursula K

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 14 August, 2017, 09:56:24 PM
If we're only talking physical books then 'The Red Seas' would qualify, even though that's had numerous digital collection.
Of course, if we're being really pedantic that's not true either... 😉

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Ursula K on 15 August, 2017, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 14 August, 2017, 09:56:24 PM
Of course, if we're being really pedantic that's not true either... 😉

I'm refusing to see the paperback edition as anything more than an extended reprint of the hardback. :P

AlexF

Thirteen (aka Thir13en) by Mike Carey and Andy Clarke for sure belongs on this list. It's great, didn't have a sequel, and has been collected into its own Trade Paperback. Buy it now, creeps!

Did anyone recommend Slaughterbowl yet? Paul Peart-Smith should have got more work off Tharg. This was collected in Extreme Edition 23 (along with Book 1 of Armoured Gideon)

I, too, would like more Second City Blues, despite the 12 year (!!) gap since it was in the Prog.

I, Cosh

Aye, 13 was pretty good fun. From the same era, I also liked Rain Dogs a lot.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 16 August, 2017, 10:50:05 AM
Did anyone recommend Slaughterbowl yet? Paul Peart-Smith should have got more work off Tharg.

Loved Slaughterbowl- but you'd expect no less from a staunch Summer Offensive advocate.

We all have our pet favorites, but Firekind is unarguably the greatest one-and-done 2000AD story of all time.