Main Menu

2000AD REGENED (preview)

Started by JOE SOAP, 23 January, 2018, 01:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I recall last year 2000 AD was going for £15+ at one point on the Saturday. Some lovely person on here sent me a copy, but also A Place in Space had them (in fact, still has them) for sale on eBay at postage-only costs.

It really beggars belief that people try to flip these comics, but there you go.

Leigh S

I will try for you Bolt, but I am pretty unsure I'll get a copy for myself - speaking to N&C after last years debacle (had to send my wife Clare, who queued for 2 hours to be told they had all been given out to the early entry ticket people), they are still operating a limited early entry scheme to standing order customers - they have 30 copies coming in and 11 customers who have 2000AD as part of their standing order, so could be tricky!  I'll back track to FP and try their random bags too - might strike lucky there (it was how Clare managed to get my last years).

I know Free Comci Book day and REcord Store day have honourable intentions, but more often than not, it is ironicaally ebay and internet scalpers who make the real money out of it - case in point, I have asked the chap in Oasis market to try to get me the limted edition Tim Buckley RSD release - he is still struggling adn I will probably ahve to cough up $30 to get it off ebay

Leigh S

Aha - see you are sorted, Bolt!  That's one down! Do you think it would it help me get in early once they see the deckchair I will be needing to camp out due to some... delicate... surgery I had yesterday.. I could show them the scar!  :o

TordelBack

I should be able to grab at least one extra copy and make it free to a good home - assuming I'm not stuck in work  ::).  Will update success/failure Saturday.

Colin YNWA

Likewise the plan is I'll be taking my daughter and while we're restricted to one copy per title each I've made it clear to her that she really wants a copy of this as well as daddy!

Bolt-01

Cheers Leigh- appreciate the thought and in your condition, too...

Leigh S

My condition got the better of me!  Bought from here, and 5p cheaper than a WMPTE (not WPTE) Daysaver! Still two left   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112975874726

Mardroid

Hope to pick mine up today at Orbital, London, and hopefully catch up with some Souther irregulars....

I'm up already, so that's a good start. 🤣

Hawkmumbler

Would any kind fellow heading to their LCS today be kind enough to nab a spare copy for my most unworthy self? Was all up for heading out early to Travelling Man but then got invited to not one, or two, but three job interviews and well, you can imagine what takes priorities right now!  :lol: :think:

glassstanley

Parking, queuing... "We haven't got the 2000ad this year."

If you're planning on picking this up in Brighton, it's not there.

Leigh S

Quote from: glassstanley on 05 May, 2018, 10:04:02 AM
Parking, queuing... "We haven't got the 2000ad this year."

If you're planning on picking this up in Brighton, it's not there.

Hmm -  I'm not sure that establishing how much cheaper and more straightforward it is to order off the internet than go to the bricks and mortars shoop is the intention - Saying that, I think that bar one time when I had to use Disposable Heroes (RIP?), I have got mine from a store on the day, but then I'm someone who usually goes to a shop for most purchases I make and use the internet as a back up for when the shops fails me - if I was mobile, I think I'd still have preferred to go in person and chance it.

IndigoPrime

I'd prefer to go in person, too. But locally there's only one comic store and they don't do FCBD. So that would mean going into the hell that is Reading, to a store that only ever gets in one copy of 2000 AD and hoping for the best, or spending 30 quid and several hours on a round-trip to London.

In the past, I used Disposable Heroes, too. Here's hoping A Place in Space has some bits on its store in the morning. (And I'll use that as an excuse to chuck some profits there way buy purchasing some expensive bits of card to store comics in, and to separate them in boxes.)

TordelBack

One copy now available to a good home. Hawkmumbler has first dibs if he isn't sorted already, otherwise next boarder to shout gets it.

maryanddavid

TordelBack

David gets it if Hawk passes.