Main Menu

Little Britain

Started by Conexus, 18 November, 2005, 03:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cthulouis

I always thought that little Britain was just made up of the scetches not good enough to get into the league of gentlemen.

Tom Baker gets some good lines though.

Dudley

Now I want to see Tips' act...

And I want Molcher for a screensaver...

Proudhuff

I've never found them funny, lets laff at some saddo, na, been on the receiving end of that too many times...

Huff the empath
DDT did a job on me

Conexus

Does anybody on the board like Little Britain?

Steve Green

It doesn't do much for me - I quite liked the Dennis Waterman sketches, although giant props are an easy laugh.

The funniest sketch IMHO was one with Matt Lucas dressed up as Mr T at the gym, oblivious to who he resembled.

- Steve

House of Usher

I'll hold my hand up and say yes, I do occasionally find Little Britain funny, and, having missed the first one of the new series, I will be watching it expecting to be entertained rather than disappointed. Do I have to hang my head in shame now?
STRIKE !!!

Tiplodocus

Not really Dudders - I'm a hypocrite of the highest order and as soon as I get on stage I just go for cheap k*ob gags.

And the other thing is, of course, if we are really meant to be laughing at a character's behaviour, then "blacking up" is absolutely inexcuseable (and really hard to spell)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

DavidXBrunt

Curry and Chips anyone?

That image in the top left, that's clearly a pop art installation. Like that bloke who traced Carlos that's him adopting the stance that every character Cam Kennedy has ever drawn adopts at some point or another. It's a living pop art tribute. I tell you.

Rob Spalding

I quite like Little Britain.  I think the radio show had more going for it, the construction workers building the witches gingerbread house was great.  But now all they seem to want to do is sketches featuring the same 7/8 characters each week.

For real, good, original comedy, watch or listen to The Mighty Boosh.  Just genius stuff.

House of Usher

I saw the first Little Britain of the new series, and I will say I didn't find it as funny as any I'd seen previous. I thought Bubbles at the health resort meeting her exhusband's new wife was an amusing development, and Anne appearing on Stars In Their Eyes was an interesting way of using an idea that otherwise has run its course. Vicky Pollard fighting a turf war through the medium of dance was funny, and Marjory Dawes generally makes me laugh anyway.

But, it does look like a series with nowhere left to go, that depends on shock tactics for cheap laughs, and seems to derive most of its comedy from name-calling: "you're fat", "you're a bloke in a dress", "I'm queer", etc.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

I have never really got on with The Mighty Boosh. I finally caught up with the one where they were sending up goths and messing about with spell books and summoning demonic grannies. It was one of the funniest things I've seen all year. I still don't know that I could become aregular viewer though.

Aside from that, I'm glued to Peep Show on Channel 4. It's quite fascinating, and occasionally filthy.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Oh - and I thought the highlight of last week's Little Britain was the 'Computer Says No' clerk now working in a travel agent's shop.

This week's wasn't funny at all though.
STRIKE !!!