Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Beadle68

Does any body have the original Burger wars artwork from the cursed earth story. I believe that the artwork will never see the light of day again due to copywrite. Have them in the old comics just wondered if anyone had them as its a shame nice bit of artwork.

ming

Judge Jack's got a couple of pages from Burger Wars; posted earlier in this thread, I should think.

Spikes

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 September, 2012, 12:17:29 AM
Holy fucking shit.

That was pretty much my reaction when i saw it, as well. Glad you Guys seem to like it.
Im totally blown away - all bit of a dream come true, TBH.
The word from Mick, for those on here waiting for their commissions, is that he has a few more to pencil, then its onto the inking.

Quote from: Beadle68 on 23 September, 2012, 11:54:47 PM
Does any body have the original Burger wars artwork from the cursed earth story.

As Ming says, i am lucky enough to have a couple of the Burger Wars pages, you can click on this link HERE

And you might wanna check out this guys CAF gallery as well - HERE as he has some incredible pieces from those episodes, on show.

Mikey

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 September, 2012, 04:04:57 PM
Just got to wait for it to be inked, now. But looking jaw-droppingly stunning at the pencil stage.

:o

That is all.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Beadle68

Thanks guys for the burger war links been years since I seen them.Like iv'e said before I do have them some where up in the loft all packed away.Been saving all the early 2000ads to give to my son when he's old enough to appreciate them,  he's not there yet but is starting to take an interest in some of my case files that are lying around.Loving all the other displays of art on this thread making me very jealous!

Austin

I was luck to meet Brian Talbot (way back in the mid-late 80s)
I got three pieces from him.
I got Nemisis frames, never got round to framing the ABC Warriors  :-[

The third one is odd as the image at the top appears to have folded/bunched up the backing somehow  :|

Spikes

Very nice those, especially the two Annual pages. I can well remember poring over them, back in the day.

hippynumber1

COMMANDO FORCES

Very nice and I love the mouths just floating there!

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 September, 2012, 11:25:44 AM
I'm SO broke now...   :-[

Very nice ...love Mr Higgins

Was tempted as well .... but had my sights on the Mcmahon cover ...which i didn't get as well , it seems to be impossible these day to find any gems

Fatboydale

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 September, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
Very nice and I love the mouths just floating there!

and we all know you love floating mouths .... :D

Spikes

Yep, very nice that Hippy, as other have said, you cant beat a bit o' Higgins.
(This was one of Mr Senior's pieces, wasnt it?)

hippynumber1

Quote from: Fatboydale on 30 September, 2012, 01:03:27 PM

Very nice ...love Mr Higgins

Was tempted as well .... but had my sights on the Mcmahon cover ...which i didn't get as well , it seems to be impossible these day to find any gems

There was a McMahon cover? On ebay? How did I miss that!?  :o

hippynumber1

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 September, 2012, 01:41:53 PM

Yep, very nice that Hippy, as other have said, you cant beat a bit o' Higgins.
(This was one of Mr Senior's pieces, wasnt it?)

Indeed it was - I've actually got my eye on another Higgins cover he recently put on CAF but he's not selling...YET!