Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs_jr

I guess what meant if they would include all published material up to date in Slaine, Strontium dog and ABC warriors?

Thanks

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: rs_jr on 15 May, 2018, 04:08:04 PM
I guess what meant if they would include all published material up to date in Slaine, Strontium dog and ABC warriors?

Thanks

Very probably as far as Slaine and ABC Warriors go. Strontium Dog will collect up to Life and Death of Johnny Alpha.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

My local(ish*) W H Smith's had the third Nikolai Dante volume. Very nice it is, too.

I never got the others, partly as I own the first 2 (and fifth, strangely.) in the other formats. I might have one or two others in (legal) digital form, I have lost track.) I sort of decided I'd cherry pick the Ultimate collection, rather than buy stuff I have in other formats already, but in the case of Dante, I might just get them all, what with not having that many.

That last run on sentence almost turned into a Slaine quote.

moldovangerbil

Did any subscribers actually receive the Covers Special?  I was told they'd sent me a copy on 5th May but I've not received it and it's not shown up on my account.

Jim_Campbell

I've received both the covers and the sketchbook, so it definitely exists.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

4th of May for me. 7–14 working days means it's due before the 24th.

Jade Falcon

I'm looking forward to Ace Trucking Co, and Meltdown Man.  I have the latter in two issues of the 2000AD Ultimate Edition or whatever it was called but a hardback copy will be nice.

I've perhaps asked this before, but Rogue Trooper I guess will be up till the treaty episodes, the last of the 'classic' stuff, and what about Savage.  I've been rereading it and while enjoyable enough, Invasion is horribly dated with the regional stereotypes and the OTT nationalism at times as well as the portrayal of the Volgans.  At least Taking Liberties and The Guv'nor were a bit more mature.  Will we be getting anything post "The Guv'nor"? 

Additionally, how many Nikolai Dante books will there be?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dandontdare

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 16 May, 2018, 09:21:20 PM
Additionally, how many Nikolai Dante books will there be?

Nine I think. If you hunt upthread someone kindly listed the release dates which I noted in m diary as these are the only ones I desperately want - think it's gotten a week out of whack with v.3  (scheduling change at Hachette? Who'd a thunk it?). They really are lovely books.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 16 May, 2018, 09:21:20 PM
I've perhaps asked this before, but Rogue Trooper I guess will be up till the treaty episodes, the last of the 'classic' stuff...

I did a bit of my own maths a while back, and the original run (up to the end of the Traitor General arc, anyway) will fit exactly in three volumes. As we've been told we're getting five Rogue volumes it'll be interesting to see what else we get. My guess - a volume of the Horst stuff, Cinnabar, maybe the Hit stories; and one of all the GRennie revival run.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

You ask, you get:
QuoteDURHAM RED: THE SCARLET CANTOS is issue 71 volume 59, CABALLISTICS, INC. VOL 1 is issue 64 volume 70 and CABALLISTICS, INC. VOL 2 is issue 80 and volume 71.

Such a wait...!

IndigoPrime

So Cabs rounds out the collection, unless it's extended? A nice finale, although I hope there'll be enough scope for at least a handful of extra books (and not just extending strips we've already had plenty of). And by 'handful', I mean, say, 20. Or 50. Or another 80.

sintec

I'd happily take a 3rd book of Kingdom in any extension (assuming there's enough new content to fill a 3rd book by then).

It's a shame to see Cabbalistics so far out.  That was one of the series I was looking forwards to, the horror/occult theme is right up my street.  Still got to have something to look forward to in the last months.  Plenty of goodies lined up in the near future.

Apestrife

From the fb page. Dark justice is issue 53, includes Dark justice and Fall of Deadworld.

Tomwe

Quote from: Apestrife on 17 May, 2018, 12:33:07 PM
From the fb page. Dark justice is issue 53, includes Dark justice and Fall of Deadworld.
I was hoping that it would include the Nick Percival sequel, but this is also good stuff.

Oh, and it's 52 not 53 since that is Dante 5.
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection Hi Carl, Dark Justice is issue 52 Volume 3!
Like · Reply · 3h
That makes Kenny Who volume 1 as well.

IndigoPrime

Dark Justice including Fall of Deadworld and not the Dark Justice sequel is an odd and frankly somewhat irritating decision.