Main Menu

Judge Dredd on Radio 1

Started by Mantrid, 09 November, 2001, 04:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mantrid

I never heard the Judge Dredd radio drama that was done a few years back. Did anyone here hear it? What did you think of it? Is it worth tracking down a copy? Who played Dredd?

Thread Zero

Mantrid, I have them both on tape.

An original copy I bought of The Day The Law Died and the taped version (from Radio 1) of The Apocalypse War with Block Mania too!

The actor who played the radio Dredd was Gary Martin.

It will be hard to track them down. I never actually saw a copy of the Apocalypse War in a shop!

If Wake is interested, I can copy the stuff on tapes and send it to Rebellion. Wake can transfer it onto an internet format and you lot can hear it if you like.

Wake, over to you.

scojo

Thread Zero

Just one slight problem though.

Each story is about 2 hours long!

I think that would take forever to download.

Mantrid, if you like, email me at scojo@onetel.net.uk
and we can discuss it further.

Scojo

fraston

i recall seeing these tapes on sale at amazon.co.uk

fraston

Wake

I have already made digital images of the CDs. I made a set for Tharg to listen to. What I'd like to see is them being given away as cover mounts on four consecutive Megazines (each story is 2 discs long), but I imagine Rebellion would have to get permission from the original publishers.

Wake

The Love Doctor

I know someone who has the Apocalypse War on CD. He lent it to me a while ago and I thought it was amazing! Never actually read the series itself mind you, but hell, it was like watching a movie without the pictures (its not difficult to visualise though.) If there's any more interest on the subject I'll ask him where he got it. It's pretty old though, like 1994 or something, so i dunno if he'll remember.

Doc the ever-helpful