Main Menu

Rogue Trooper FAQ

Started by The Amstor Computer, 24 April, 2006, 04:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Thought this might serve as a useful companion thread to the RT review thread. Post anything about the game - secrets, cheats, tricks, level info - here for any other boarders who are playing the game. Needless to say, it's going to be spoiler heavy!

I'll start the ball rolling with a list of levels, weapons & upgrades and cheats unlocked so far:

------------------------------------------------

LEVEL 1 - QUARTZ ZONE MASSACRE

The betrayal of the Genetic Infantry! Rogue must fight his way out of the Quartz Zone under heavy enemy fire. Gunnar and Bagman both perish in this level and get added to your equipment.

LEVEL 2 - ORANGE SEA COAST

Rogue, together with the biochips of Gunnar & Bagman, has escaped the Quartz Zone and attempts to break through Nort lines to the Orange Sea. Helm is wounded and captured by Nort forces.

LEVEL 3 - NORT NAVAL BASE

Helm has been taken to a Nort Navy base where he is tortured by Kapitain Natashov. Rogue and his biochip buddies assault the base to try and rescue Helm. Unfortunately, Natashov's "experiments" leave him near-dead by the time you arrive & he joins Gunnar & Bagman.

Meanwhile, at Souther High Command, Colonel Kovert dispatches Venus Bluegenes to track Rogue down...

LEVEL 4 - TOGETHER AGAIN

Rogue assaults a Nort coastal defence outpost to try and gather information on Grand Admiral Hoffa & discover who betrayed the GI.

LEVEL 5 - NU PAREE

Based on the intelligence Rogue obtains from the Nort outpost, he tracks Hoffa to a meeting with the Traitor General in Nu Paree. Before Rogue can get to them, the Traitor trys to kill Hoffa. The Traitor General flees in a Hoppa, but Hoffa survives long enough to tell Rogue of his existence and send him off in hot pursuit...

LEVEL 6 - HOPPA CHASE

Rogue commandeers a Hoppa - using Helm as his "pilot" - and takes off after the Traitor General. A high-speed aerial pursuit through Nu Paree ensues, ending when Rogue downs the Traitor's Hoppa. The Traitor General, wounded & horribly burned, flees to a nearby Nort base. Rogue sets off in pursuit, tracked by Venus...

LEVEL 7 - NORT BASE

Rogue tracks the General to the Nort base - a downed Souther satellite. He assaults the base, but is captured by the Nort forces and taken for execution. As he's being led away, his guards are shot dead by Venus who has been watching over him. The pair take off after the Traitor General, only to discover that he has already gone to Nu Atlanta to assist the Norts in their assault there. With Venus holding off the Norts pursuing them, Rogue steals a Nort attack craft and makes for the Nu Atlanta coast.

LEVEL 8 - SOUTHER R&R FACILITY

Rogue arrives on the Nu Atlanta coast to find a Souther facility already under heavy assault. Making his way through the facility, rescuing Souther troops on the way, Rogue finds and boards a troop hovertrain heading across the Dix-I desert, bound for Harpo's Ferry.

LEVEL 9 - HOVERTRAIN JOURNEY

Travelling across the desert, the hovertrain is assaulted by Nort Stammel riders and troops of the Sun Legion. Rogue fights them off but a Nort team sabotages a bridge crossing, sending the hovertrain plunging into a mountain chasm...

LEVEL 10 - PETRIFIED FOREST

Rogue has survived the crash, but now he has to escape the dangers of the Petrified Forest - as well as Morgen, the Norts' finest sniper...

LEVEL 11 - MOUNTAIN PASS

Having survived the Petrified Forest and bested Morgen - temporarily, at least - Rogue now has to cross the Oxark Mountains on his way to a meeting with Kovert in Harpo's Ferry.  

LEVEL 12 - HARPO'S FERRY

Rogue arrives in Harpo's Ferry, now under heavy assault by the Norts. He meets with Kovert who tells him that the Traitor General can be found across the city, behind Nort lines, where he's directing the battle. Rogue battles across the city, with support from Venus Bluegenes, taking on Morgen in a final - fatal - battle outside the Traitor General's command post.

LEVEL 13 - FINAL FIGHT

Rogue storms the Traitor's HQ and fights his way to the General, only to be caught in an airstrike ordered by Colonel Kovert. Rogue survives, capturing Kovert's Hoppa and disappearing to continue his one-man war.

Meanwhile, amongst the rubble the Souther forces find a badly disfigured - but still living - Souther officer. As they rush to find help, he lurches to his feet and turns his gun on them...

-------------------------------------------------

WEAPONRY

HANDHELD WEAPONS

PISTOL

Back-up weapon, used when Gunnar runs low on ammo. 12-round clip, with a relatively high fire rate. Infinite clips.

GUNNAR

Your main weapon. Automatic fire, with a maximum 50-round clip. You can carry up to 8 clips at a time. Pressing R3 will switch to sniper mode. The zoom function can be upgraded several times. Sniper ammunition comes in 8-round clips, and you are limited to a maximum of 4 clips.

Can also be fitted with a silencer, or used as a sentry gun. Upgradeable with four attachment weapons.

SHOTGUN

Your first upgrade for Gunnar, collected during level 3. The underslung shotgun is powerful at close range, but is less useful as a ranged weapon and suffers from a slow fire rate. 12-round clip, and you can carry up to 4 clips at a time.

MORTAR LAUNCHER

Another major upgrade for Gunnar. This fires a single round that splits into multiple secondary charges. The initial fragmentation is into three, but this can be upgraded to five. The fire rate is relatively slow, but it's powerful and can be used against multiple enemies in a relatively wide area. Six rounds per clip, and a maximum of three clips can be carried at once.

SAMMY LAUNCHER

The next upgrade for Gunnar, found during level 7. This fires a surface-to-air missile that can only be used against flying enemies - Hoppas, Sun Legion etc. Train the sights on the enemy, then hold R1 to begin lock-on. Once the sights turn green you release R1 to launch the missile. Very slow reload rate, though upgrades will drop the reload time. One missile per clip, and up to three clips can be carried.

BEAM RIFLE

The final attachment for Gunnar. The beam rifle fires a bolt of electricity that will jump from target to target, provided they are in close proximity. Short range weapon. Each clip has a 99-round capacity, and you can carry two at a time.

FRAG GRENADE

Your basic grenade, effective against all enemy soldiers. You can carry up to 8 at a time.

SCRAMBLER GRENADE

Fires an EMP burst that disables all nearby machinery. Useful for knocking out Nort tactical armour. You can carry 6 at a time.

STICKY GRENADE

As the name suggests, when thrown these grenades will attach themselves to the nearest target, sticking to them until they detonate. You can carry 4 at a time.

INCENDIARY GRENADE

Explodes in a ball of flame, igniting any nearby enemies. You can carry 4 at a time.

EMPLACEMENT WEAPONS

LAZOOKA

Heavy missile-launcher type weapon. Can only be used against targets specified by the game - for example, cannons on a Blackmare tank. Aim at a targeting circle, then hold down R1 to charge. Release to fire.

MOUNTED MACHINE GUN

Heavy automatic weapon. Will overheat if continuously fired for too long.

FLAK CANNON

A heavy anti-air weapon. Can fire eight flak rounds before reloading. Very effective against Sun Legion troops and Hoppas.

HELLCANNON

A massive twin-barrelled anti-vehicle weapon, capable of destroying Nort craft - from Hoppas to submarines. Fires near-continuous rounds with no reload.

-------------------------------------------------

CHEATS

LEVEL SELECT

As the name suggests, this cheat lets you pick a level to play. You should start with all of your upgrades and equipment.

LOW GRAVITY RAGDOLL

Adjusts the game's ragdoll physics so that explosions and gunfire send enemies flying further than usual.

EXTREME RAGDOLL

As above, but turning the effect up even higher. A single grenade blast will now send an enemy flying metres into the air.

HIPPY BLOOD

When Rogue or an enemy is hit, instead of sprays of blood a series of small, purple-green clouds form and drift away in the air.

Gothmog

Only a couple of minor things to add so far:

The purply cloud things for the hippy blood cheat are actually like flowers man, groovy.

Generally if you need to use Helm to open a door lay a patch of mines along the route you've just come from and set up Gunnar as a sentry to provide distracting firepower because you're bound to get company charging up behind you.

ThryllSeekyr

I never really followed the story of Rogue Trooper in the comics closely, myself.

I do rememberr part of it. Like Roggue himself wandering around in wastelands. His iencounter with Venus Blue Genes and a coonfrontation between him and the General.

Anyway. does this game follow the original story closely or for the sake of more playability throw in a few surprises?

ThryllSeekyr

I never really followed the story of Rogue Trooper in the comics closely, myself.

I do remember parts of it. Like Roggue himself wandering around in wastelands. His encounter with Venus Blue Genes and a coonfrontation between him and the General.

Anyway. does this game follow the original story closely or for the sake of more playability throw in a few surprises?

Dan Kelly

Think it goes better here:

Map screen between levels is from the "Buzzard 1 Relay"

ThryllSeekyr

In the game, do you feel as though Rogue can walk anywhere he likes.( providing he's not surrounded by Norts.) or is it as though you have to keep moving from the place you started along a linear path.

Of course I know this is nessasary in some games.

Is completion of a level done killing all enemies or as many while keeping Rogue alive while moving to certain point?

Are there vechiles availble that he can jump into and pilot himself or with the help of HELM.

Does piloting a vechile only happen as a played out scripted, cut scene.

Devons Daddy

****secret level rumoured to have been found.***

i cant say much,but lets just say those with the PS2 dance mat.you are in for a treat.the rest of us its controller mode only.
but  john travolata may be up for the movie version.

Brett ewins,you are immortalized in gaming history now.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Pyroxian

>In the game, do you feel as though Rogue can >walk anywhere he likes.( providing he's not
>surrounded by Norts.) or is it as though you
>have to keep moving from the place you started
>along a linear path.

You have various checkpoints in the level to reach, and there are multiple paths allowing you to get to each one, so you can choose your tactics (scout & stealth / all guns blazing)

>Are there vechiles available that he can jump
>into and pilot himself or with the help of HELM.

I've not found any vehicles yet (but I'm only at the start of Lvl 5) - there's no mention of them in the manual though.

Steve

philt

Do Gerry Finlay-Day and Dave Gibbons get creator credits in the game?

Pyroxian

Yes they do, in the credits section :)

Steve

philt

Don't have the game and don't have anything capable of playing it anyway. Hence the question

Dan Kelly

DD are you kidding?  Sweet if there is...

TheReV667 v2.1

Oh my sweet Drokk I hope not...
Actually...Hmmm
 ;-)