Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Comic Book Day Megathread  (Read 244417 times)

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
Re: New Comic Book Day Megathread
« Reply #2475 on: 04 March, 2019, 08:56:40 pm »
Well i'll add to the chorus and list off my own pull list, been neglecting this wonderful thread for far too long...

Ongoing:
Savage Dragon
Paper Girls
Saga (Hiatus)
Cinema Purgatorio
LOEG: Tempest
Batman/Maxx
Go Bots
Usagi Yojimbo
Black Hammer
Mage
GI Joe - Sierra Muerta
Lone Ranger
2000AD
The Megazine
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
The Promised Neverland
Dr. Stone
Black Clover

Trades:
Jojos Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Golden Kamuy
Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye/Lost Light
Antares

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: 05 March, 2019, 12:05:24 am »
I didn’t even think to include the weekly manga I’m reading via VIZ Shonen Jump app (just $2 a month!)

Cause I'm reading a lot there too...

One Piece
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
The Promised Neverland
Dr. Stone
NeO;Lation
Hunter X Hunter (on hiatus)
Chainsaw Man
World Trigger (monthly)
Sereph of the End (monthly)
Blue Exorcist (monthly)
Dragon Ball Super (monthly)

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: 05 March, 2019, 08:25:25 am »
Rushed my list and forgot a lot of Jump titles! I’m currently playing an almost year catch up game on both Jump and 2000AD so a few things slipt my radar.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: 26 March, 2019, 09:19:34 pm »
Its been a while folks. I don't seem to be as pulled to my LCS as I used to be. Mind looking at the haul this time there is no understandable reason why that should be. Comics are GREAT. No other medium with give me such brilliant, diverse imaginative tales and this folks is why I love comics right here.

Well not all of them. Criminal 3 should be but for whatever reason I'm just not feelin' this like I should. I suspect if my pull list wasn't dieing on the vine by itself this one would probably be on watch.

Two James Bond comics 005 and Origins7 these aren't brilliant but I'm enjoying them. Almost the opposite of above, these should be on watch as they ain't that good... but somehow it never occurs to me that I'm not going to find out what happens next so somethings working... damned if I know what?!?

Paper Girl 26
see this series start its last arc.... how the hoopin' heck is this going to get to an ending in just 4 more issues AND this issues sets up loads of interesting stuff.

Also returning is Lazarus with Risen 1 and as mentioned elsewhere on this glorious site its a bumper old beast. Great value even with a $7.99 and its fantastic to have this back. Speaking of back, speaking of back its GOON 1 YES- get that GOON 1 ... so good I said it AND bought it twice, couldn't resist that Kevin Nowlan cover.... love Goon, love Kevin Nowlan... and yes I'm cheating 'cos I only read this series on Digital a year or so back but still so happy to have this coming back to floppies as its brilliant. Its was brilliant then and this is as brilliant now... or even possibly more so. SOOOOO good... infact why isn't this book of the haul... cos it is book of the haul just I've got a cheap line for that later....

Few more number 1s Black Hammer '45 1 another great Black Hammer mini, I should hate Matt Kindt's art, especially here where it feels really out of place... but somehow it really works... go figure. Assassin Nation 1 - I came for Kyle Starks name and I'll be staying for Kyle Starks brilliant tales. Erica Henderson does some nice art too.

Two issues of Immortal Hulk 14 and 15 and both keep the standard, all be it I'm not Kyle Hotz biggest fan on issue 14, though he does some of his best work here. I just fine it too... liney and the darkness seems forced. That literally all you can fault here. Literate and entertaining and compelling.

Honest any number of comics could have been book of the haul here and Gunning for Hits 3 this comic is brilliant, absolutely brilliant from Jeff Rougvie's supreme insight into the 80s music business wrapped in a compulsive story to Moritat's effortlessly sinister artwork. Just comic perfection.

So why isn't this book of the Haul well cos just 5 pages of new The Maxx in the 100 page special is better than any other comic out there. Its just genius in a different level to anything else you can read...

... okay yeah cheap line The Goon 1 is really comic of the Haul BUT 5 pages of The Maxx does run it close...

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: 18 April, 2019, 03:31:31 pm »
This weeks pulls...

Assassin Nation #2
Transformers #3
Golden Kamuy #9
Junji Ito's Smashed

Shonen Jump