Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Looking good, Steve. Is that your Cursed Earth cover commission on the far left? Very nice.

Colin YNWA

I love that Tharg cover. There's been an Eric Bradbury Tharg page over at eBay for a while now tempting me  but I've been good. I'd love to own a good Tharg piece. I do have a wonderful picture PJ Holden did for me which guards my 2000ad collection, but I mean a printed one.

Spikes

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 April, 2012, 04:02:19 PM
I love that Tharg cover. There's been an Eric Bradbury Tharg page over at eBay for a while now tempting me  but I've been good. I'd love to own a good Tharg piece.

What was it that Oscar Wilde said about temptation?

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 April, 2012, 05:38:15 PM
What was it that Oscar Wilde said about temptation?

"Those that resist temptation with ease and good grace obviously never started collecting 2000AD artwork."

I think that's the one you had in mind.

:)

I'd love a good Tharg page as well, but for now I'll settle for a pasted-on Ezquerra Green Bonce at the end of a Redondo Future Shock page I have.

Anyway, I'm definitely slowing down these days (I've said that before).

J3D1

Cheers lads, I hunted that cover down to the ends of the world!
Nice work Steve.

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 27 April, 2012, 04:32:27 PM
How the fook do i top that !!!!!

He might well have done just that, folks! :)

Hopefully Dale will be along to post some pics shortly...

Fatboydale

Brian Bolland's 2000ad painted Annual cover , my top 3 characters from 2000ad ... it could not be better for me .

Think im going to retire after this .... ;)

ming

Glorious!  Insanely lovely art by Bolland; any one of those characters would be fantastic, but all three?  Well worth the trade you made, Dale - I think you got the better deal.  I have very fond memories of that Annual (I found a £20 note during a wet walk on a family holiday and that was the first thing I bought - the Annual, not the artwork, unfortunately).

a chosen rider

On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Dr Feeley Good

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: Judge Jack on 29 April, 2012, 02:50:31 PM
Looking good, Steve. Is that your Cursed Earth cover commission on the far left? Very nice.
Yes it is,though i'm suprised you can tell with my poor photo !! :(

TordelBack

That's yer gold standard right there.

opaque

Any chance of a close up on one of the characters on the page Dale? Looks so perfect.

Glenn Broadway

Oh wow. That Bolland cover is, indeed, about as good as it gets. Some close-ups would be great!

Dale, do you have a website where you show off your collection? I'd love to know how many pieces you have and some of the stories behind how you've acquired them.

Also, no-one ever seems to mention how much is generally paid for original artwork - but I've got to ask, because this has to be right up there in Bisley territory (which seem to go for thousands).