Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On telly this week  (Read 99480 times)

Jim_Campbell

• 2000AD Creator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ)
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt Gallery
Re: On telly this week
« Reply #645 on: 05 June, 2019, 11:33:55 am »
And I have fuckin’ S2 of Happy as well!

Which has now been cancelled. I can't say I'm either surprised or sorry, TBH — I bailed on this season after four episodes because I thought it was trying waaaay too hard, and comedy paedophiles don't sit too well with me, either. A real shame, because I loved S1.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkmonger.deviantart.com/
« Reply #646 on: 05 June, 2019, 11:38:42 am »
Matt Berry in What We Do In The Shadows is absolutely making my week. "Remove your fangs, ungrateful creature!"  :lol:

Fungus

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 06 June, 2019, 05:16:03 pm »
Pleasantly surprised by Years and Years on the Beeb, R.T.Davies traits are all over bits of it but generally, funny, interesting and a little close to home. The female Nigel Farage-a-like is spot on and spot on in the "She's great" "She's a monster" dichotomy of viewer reaction.

Watch only a bit of telly really and glad I gave this series a go. It's been nicely thought-provoking, but with last night's episode it reached new heights, I reckon. *recommended*

DaveGYNWA

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 07 June, 2019, 01:07:26 pm »
Matt Berry in What We Do In The Shadows is absolutely making my week. "Remove your fangs, ungrateful creature!"  :lol:

BAT!!!!

He's also in 'Year of the Rabbit' on C4, coming up soon - a Victorian era cop show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRwoTjj6QBU

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 15 June, 2019, 02:22:07 pm »
A heads up that TALKING PICTURES TV (SKY 328) is, next Saturday,  showing The Night Strangler, Woman Eater and The Trollenberg Terror. All in one day. A day that happens to be my birthday.
They are also showing 1970s kids ITV supernatural series Shadows, every weekday at 5pm.

SBT