Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First single or album bought  (Read 11775 times)

Dark Jimbo

• Bionic Fingers
  • Grobbendonk spoke gibberish, a fringeworld dialect
    • View Profile
    • DarkJimbo on Deviantart
Re: First single or album bought
« Reply #75 on: 04 April, 2016, 11:22:12 pm »
Never owned a single in my life! First album (bought for me) was Britney Spears' debut. You'll understand when I say that I was about 12 at the time, and my interest may not have been entirely musical. Even now the opening chords of 'Hit me Baby one more time' make me feel a bit 'funny.'

Never had a huge interest in music really, so it was another four years or so before I felt the urge to buy some music for myself, walked into my local Woolworths and came out with the two coolest albums I could find on the shelves - Prodigy: Fat of the Land and Lenny Kravitz: Greatest Hits.

ThryllSeekyr

• Bionic Fingers
  • That's Your Reality!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 April, 2016, 03:10:18 am »
He had comeback in the mid 90's I know. I recall finding a night club inside the arcade of shopping mall on the Gold Coast that was more of a pub called The Rose & Crown singing one of his old hits. I was just passing through, but felt overwhelmed by this communal spirit shared by all occupants.

I know it may read like he was actually in there singing, but it was on what ever medium disc-jockeys prefer. I think did all use singles as well. it would have been easier then to find their most optimum song.

Quote from: Dark-Jimbo
....so before I felt the urge to buy some music for myself, walked into my local Woolworths and came out with the two coolest albums I could find on the shelves - Prodigy: Fat of the Land....

In my collection as well, but on cd....the songs Fire-Starter & Breath......there' another song there might offend the fairer sex (I mean women, if you agree with me there!) and according to the wiki, they just say it's really about doing anything intensely.

NapalmKev

• Posting Machine
  • No Beans Man! Cheers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05 April, 2016, 05:59:08 pm »

In my collection as well, but on cd....the songs Fire-Starter & Breath......there' another song there might offend the fairer sex (I mean women, if you agree with me there!) and according to the wiki, they just say it's really about doing anything intensely.

"Smack my Bitch up" is a euphemism for injecting hard drugs, which I believe is what they really meant! See also: "E's are good. He's Ebenezer Good".

Fat of the Land is the first Prodigy album I bought. Good album, still listen to it occasionally. The Shaman ("E's are good.) were proper dogshit! A mate of mine was a big fan when we were young and he played the album daily. Proper dogshit!

Cheers

"Countless opinions... A hotbed of Riches!"

auxlen

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05 April, 2016, 06:44:21 pm »
I went into Woolworths

Woollies was great. i  bought a few rare 12 " from there. They had NO CLUE!
My niece has suddenly become a vinyl obsessive (aged 14) and stolen  alot of my/ and my parents lps.
I went in to sainsburies the other day and it had a load of 'classic' vinyl on ale (stones, the specials, nirvana, amy winehouse etc.

ThryllSeekyr

• Bionic Fingers
  • That's Your Reality!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 April, 2016, 11:46:05 pm »

"Smack my Bitch up" is a euphemism for injecting hard drugs, which I believe is what they really meant! See also: "E's are good. He's Ebenezer Good".

Fat of the Land is the first Prodigy album I bought. Good album, still listen to it occasionally. The Shaman ("E's are good.) were proper dogshit! A mate of mine was a big fan when we were young and he played the album daily. Proper dogshit!

Cheers

Just put it on now....

Injecting Bitches....what that be a better compromise?

Mister Pops

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • You're Goddamn right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 06 April, 2016, 12:14:32 am »

Cheers

Just put it on now....

Injecting Bitches....what that be a better compromise?

Good music never compromises. Throw the goat and rock the fuck out!
You may quote me on that.