Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection  (Read 34848 times)

Magnetica

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Reply #930 on: 23 September, 2017, 10:33:47 pm »
I also assume it won't have the spin off Savage story (Disaster was it?) where he drove around flooded Britain in a DUKW.

It’s called Disaster 1990. It was reprinted in a floppy a couple of years ago. Not that that precludes it from appearing in the Ultimate Collection. There is something else that might though - which is it wasn’t very good. (IMO).

moly

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 24 September, 2017, 09:45:06 am »
Got payment collected for issue 4 last week but no books yet, could this be due to them delaying issue two for a week, also anyone got any idea on what the hatchett break even point is as the 2000adcollection has a hell of a lot of less likes and followers then judge dredd

JaHawkDroid

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 24 September, 2017, 04:05:37 pm »
Got payment collected for issue 4 last week but no books yet, could this be due to them delaying issue two for a week, also anyone got any idea on what the hatchett break even point is as the 2000adcollection has a hell of a lot of less likes and followers then judge dredd

I have no idea of the breakeven point, however I can't see them cancelling the collection now it's begun

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snubcommunications.com
« Reply #933 on: 24 September, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »
Viability is all that matters. It's unlikely they'd have kicked off this collection if it wasn't viable, off of the basis of the test run sales.

Swerty

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 24 September, 2017, 07:53:25 pm »
I also assume it won't have the spin off Savage story (Disaster was it?) where he drove around flooded Britain in a DUKW.

It’s called Disaster 1990. It was reprinted in a floppy a couple of years ago. Not that that precludes it from appearing in the Ultimate Collection. There is something else that might though - which is it wasn’t very good. (IMO).

I love Disaster 1990!

Arkady

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 24 September, 2017, 08:06:16 pm »
If Nikolai Dante will be Vol 1-9, isn't it a bit odd that the Kreeler Conspiracy will be Vol 11? Doesnt that mean that Stront won't be in chronological order on the Shelf? Maybe I'm just confused about Stront's convoluted running order.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 24 September, 2017, 08:27:12 pm »
Is Dante confirmed to be 1–9? I've not seen that anywhere, just that there will be vols 1–9 for that series.

Arkady

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 24 September, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »
Ah I assumed that's how they'd play it. Perhaps not.

Tomwe

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 24 September, 2017, 09:24:45 pm »
Is Dante confirmed to be 1–9? I've not seen that anywhere, just that there will be vols 1–9 for that series.
When the FB Page first confirmed Dante they listed the book’s issue and volume numbers which I too took to be vols 1-9 on the shelf, but in hindsight that may be completely wrong and will also solve an issue I had with the stronts volumes bumping into Nemesis in running order. Thanks for bringing this up!

Jamie1000013

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 24 September, 2017, 10:10:13 pm »
I'm gunna have to wait a while till 18 books in a row are good, as I really really want that sketch book in good condition. Is this the same sketch book as the free item you get on the 9th delivery:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/merchandise/XB521

Looks like it tbh. Can you start your subscription from any book at any time? If I wait like 9 months can I start it from issue 3 for instance? I just want a clear run without a Nikolai Dante or Slaine volume. I want to read some Rogue trooper after that awesome 10 page story in prog 2050 this week.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 24 September, 2017, 10:32:16 pm »
"I just want a clear run without a Nikolai Dante or Slaine volume."

Given that we only know the first eight issues so far, and given that one fifth of the entire collection is Slain and Dante, it's hard to know where you'd get a clear run without those two characters.

Steve Green

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 24 September, 2017, 10:44:40 pm »
If Nikolai Dante will be Vol 1-9, isn't it a bit odd that the Kreeler Conspiracy will be Vol 11? Doesnt that mean that Stront won't be in chronological order on the Shelf? Maybe I'm just confused about Stront's convoluted running order.

Kreeler Conspiracy is an odd one. It's it's own thing.

Plus publishing order doesn't equal continuity - you've got all the flashback tales published after the Final Solution which fit in before and after Johnny meets Wulf.

Do you put them in publication order, or arrange the lost tales so they fit in some sort of continuity?