Main Menu

The Art of Ian Kennedy

Started by Rogue Judge, 03 April, 2019, 02:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

I just came across this on Ian's FB and haven't seen this posted here before; a beautiful hardback showcasing Ian Kennedy's artwork: https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/the-art-of-ian-kennedy

I'll be picking it up for sure!

( I know several people here have commissions from Ian, you can see mine here https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Ian++Kennedy&GCat=37208 )

Trooper McFad

I'll have to put that on my Santa list. Before I found the thrill power of 2000AD my staple was the commando comics however they don't credit the front pages which always drew you into the story hopefully this book has a collection of the front covers he did for them. When I found out that Ian drew for them and 2000AD I made him my first stall to visit and my first original droid art (Johnny Alpha)was purchased from Ian at the 40th Bash and I managed to get another piece from him at Glasgow comic con last year (Hammerstein & Rojaws). He's such a nice man and to still be attending these cons with his art at his age is amazing.

P.s my favourite prog cover is the Messerschmitts flying over mega city one
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

I am a big fan of his work. My first experience with his art was on Dan Dare for the New Eagle. Would like to have  a collection of his Dan Dare work
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

Lovely artwork, lovely man, a total gent.
TMO should be singing his praises, employing and generally fawning over this last remaining elder god of comics...IMHO  :D 
DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

Love that paste-up page for Smasher, especially the shading on the robot.

I'd love to see Starblazer get some collected releases, like those oversized Commando books from several years ago.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.