Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prog 2129 - Once Upon A Crime...  (Read 1981 times)

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
Re: Prog 2129 - Once Upon A Crime...
« Reply #30 on: 04 May, 2019, 02:34:29 pm »
Aye, I think it's the protagonist from The Great Game.

Yeah, it's Charlotte Hemmings the war photographer, the PoV character of The Great Game.  Hobb's End (of quasi-Quatermass infamy) Tube Station was where Robert Autumn, the protagonist of the original Scarlet Traces that ran/was reprinted in the Meg had his underground hideout. That's what she's looking for. 

We're up against that old chestnut of long-running stories and whether every tale should be self-contained in 5- or even 60-page chunks.  Given Scarlet Traces is a long-running alternate history stretching from the end of the 19th C to the 1970s (so far), losing the sense of decades passing by discarding older characters would be a bad idea.

The Adventurer

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 May, 2019, 02:50:41 pm »
I never read any of the prior-2000AD War of the World’s/Scarlet Traces series, and I had no problem understanding what was going on. I figured she was a returning character and was looking for something of prior series importance. Didn’t impact my enjoyment.

Notable Comics dropping the Week of 01-02-13

norton canes

• Sentient Tea Bot
  • The leper heart will see you for what you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 May, 2019, 11:28:39 am »
Cover: Looks like a 90's throwback... in a good way! The colouring is a bit muddy but I like that the white glare prides a crisp contrast

Well it sure looks muddy now because I spilled coffee all over it this morning.

Theblazeuk

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 May, 2019, 01:37:12 pm »
My theory is that going forwards most depictions of God in Tooth are going to look like Kurt Vonnegut just to make you nerds second guess yourself.